Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Hi everyone ........

Would like to know if anyone out there have ever used or have any experience with the 1/2oz carbon fiber mat or a little heavier than that .What are the advantage and disadvantage of it .Where can I buy them from ...
    Thanks in advance ,
    Sonny !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Sonny,
    I'm using some right now. I got it from cst, asp also has it. From what I've found it comes in two weights .5oz. and .2 oz. per yard the .5oz. stuff seems to be about .005!QUOT! thick (kind of hard to measure because of compression. I'm primarily using it sandwiched between parts to add stiffness. It's amazing what the difference is. I tried using it like glass to reinforce an external seam, it worked o.k. but the stuff fuzzes like you would not believe. I am not using bagging so that might help the final appearance.
    The older I get... The better I was...

RE: 1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Hi Kamakasi ,

Thanks a lot for your inputs ... As I intended to use it as a reinforcement between balsa skin and foam wings on a jet that' has protential convertion to turbine powered ...
    Best regards ,
    Sonny !

BTW : Have a nice holiday !