Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 04:37 PM
HORNETONE
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Hi everyone ........

Would like to know if anyone out there have ever used or have any experience with the 1/2oz carbon fiber mat or a little heavier than that .What are the advantage and disadvantage of it .Where can I buy them from ...
Thanks in advance ,
Sonny !
Old 12-17-2004, 01:43 PM
kamakasi
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Sonny,
I'm using some right now. I got it from cst, asp also has it. From what I've found it comes in two weights .5oz. and .2 oz. per yard the .5oz. stuff seems to be about .005!QUOT! thick (kind of hard to measure because of compression. I'm primarily using it sandwiched between parts to add stiffness. It's amazing what the difference is. I tried using it like glass to reinforce an external seam, it worked o.k. but the stuff fuzzes like you would not believe. I am not using bagging so that might help the final appearance.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
HORNETONE
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: 1/2oz Carbon fiber mat

Hi Kamakasi ,

Thanks a lot for your inputs ... As I intended to use it as a reinforcement between balsa skin and foam wings on a jet that' has protential convertion to turbine powered ...
Best regards ,
Sonny !

BTW : Have a nice holiday !