Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Turbocad questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:56 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turbocad questions

Hi Guys, I've read every single thread now in this forum going back about 3 years. Read all the cad threads and decided on Turbocad and bought it off ebay for about 20 bucks. It's clear to me that Turbocad will do far more than I'll ever need.

If someone would be willing to talk to me on the phone today and help me get started, I'm a fairly intuitive guy, but have no experiance using cad programs. I feel like if someone could talk me through making a former and an airfoil, and maybe helping me draw a wing, I could probably get enough out of that to take it from there.

Thanks in advance if anyone's willing to give up half an hour of their time to a newbie cad guy. I also have Remote Desktop through windows so you can log into my computer if it's easier to "show" me something than talk me through it, and I'll be available for the phone call anytime after 12pm central today.

Sean
Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
jetflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbocad questions

Sean,

For airfoils, CompuFoil or Profi are probably what you want to use. Especially if you intend to cut a foam core wing out.

As for Turbo Cad, there are a some sites out there that have some tutorials. Do a Google search and I'm sure you will turn something up.

JR Gautreaux
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the profili program, I want to be able to do a full design in the program in at least in 2d so I can print out formers. I want the airfoil part so that when I look at the design from the side I will be able to see what the side profile is going to look like. Anyway, the good news is that I've cancelled my trip to Jersey this week to fool around with my new toys
Old 03-01-2005, 11:06 AM
jetflyer

It's ashame Austin is a good drive away. I used Turbo Cad to draw up my Phoenix sport jet I'm going to build. The first pic it how it first started to look, then the second pick it what I ended up with after working with wood. Drawing on the computer some times makes it hard to actually fabricate once your forced to work with materials.

JR Gautreaux

PS. Oops, I guess I let the cat out of the bag on my new sport jet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65510.gif
Views:	17
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	236580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20554.gif
Views:	14
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	236581  
Old 03-01-2005, 11:10 AM
jetflyer

Few more pictures. Ultimately I want to convert this jet into a fully composite jet. Thus why I started working with composites. While doing a fuel is small, the experience I'm gaining will help me with my sport jet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92555.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	236582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52152.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	236583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21790.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.3 KB