Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Cesna 182

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
N2EC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cesna 182

I am making a sport scale Cesna 182 for a .46 engine. I want to incorporate the panel lines and rivets in my model. Have managed to reach up to the stage of priming the plugs and now it just requires a little more finishing and then painting..

I have etched in the panel lines but am a little stuck with the rivets. How should I be doing them. In the snap below it shows that I have tried to stick in some pins in the plug but am not very satisfied with the results. I would want some help on putting in the rivets into the plug...am also looking up the scale forums for threads...

This is the first of the Cessna's followed by which I have plans of making 1/5 scale Cesna 182...with molded wings and tail...

The photos show the surface as a little uneven but its just a disullision ...

Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72900.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	243611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87258.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	243612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82117.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	243613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43258.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	243614  
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Mike James

Default RE: Cesna 182

Hi Jack,

Why don't you show us some photos of your plug-making process. Lots of people here are always interested in that kind of thing.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:53 AM
N2EC
Banned

Mike I do consider doing that when I start on my new project...but what I am going to be doing is document the process of mold making incorporating all that I have learnt from the forum lately...the mold shall have jack screws, alignment pins and there would also be a slip joint for joining the fuselage halves together....

Lately, I have done a heli canopy mold to try out the jack screws and metal allignement pins and have had really good success...the credit for getting me started on that goes to Peter...the only one mistake which I however did was that I put all the jack screws on one side rather than alternating it....so what I did land up with was that one side opens flwlessly but for the other I still have to use the old tricks...

I need some help on doing rivets ???

Jack
Old 03-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Mike James

We'll look forward to that.

Still, why not show us some photos of what you have done so far?