Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Tekoa Roto-Cut

Old 12-04-2002, 12:57 PM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Tekoa Roto-Cut

Has anyone here used the Tekoa Roto-Cut? I have it but have not yet tried to use it. The instructions they supplied with it are very incomplete. I have a good understanding of itís working principal for cutting the outside templates but something has not sunk in yet for cutting inside templates. Basically what happens to the rotation point/pins as you approach the end of the cut? The whole block is supported by the two endpins and it would seem to me that as you approach the end, the weight of the foam plus the bow would fall off.
Just a technique question, what are you using to plunge a hole through the foam to get your wire through? Have you come across any pictures/articles online with the Roto-Cut in use?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2002, 11:34 PM
TOMMYSTA
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TEKOA ROTO CUT

I've been using the roto cut now for about a year. At first I wondered also how do I make inside cuts? Then I ordered the "weekend wonder" video from Roger, in fact I believe I was the first to order one when it came out, and he showed some very easy techniques for making inside cuts when he hollows out his fuselage. It's a great video to have even if you dont plan on building the plane that's depicted. You can get lots of ideas and techniques from it.
Once you get the hang of using Roto Cut you'll love it. You can cut tapered fuses like the aft fuse of Corsair woth no problem. I wish I had a digital camera I could show you some tricks that work with Roto Cut. It opens up a whole new world into foam modelling.
Do you have Feathercut?
Tom
Old 12-05-2002, 12:15 PM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: TEKOA ROTO CUT

Originally posted by TOMMYSTA
Then I ordered the "weekend wonder" video from Roger,
Do you have Feathercut?
Tom
Thanks TOM, yes I have both the Feathercut and RotoCut. I have seen that they sell this video but I have to be honest with you I have paid a lot of money for both of these two systems and it is a crock that you have to pay $40 more for a video when they have such pathetic instructions to begin with. The Rotocutís instructions make it look like there is a monthly newsletter. They show the same pictures in their adds for the last 10 years and all do not show you a thing. I would buy the video if I have seen it first but I will not send another dime to Tekoa first. I was just hoping someone here would clear this up for me.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 AM
got2retire

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TOMMYSTA,
AV8TOR,

Do either of you still have your Tekoa Roto Cut? If so, are you still using it? If not, would you be interested in selling it? I have Tekoa's wing cutter, but would like to cut some turtle decks for planes I'm building and Tekoa no longer offers the Roto cut. I either/both of you still use it, could we share some information in order for me to create a Roto cut.

Got2retire