Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Phenolic Control Horns...

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Phenolic Control Horns...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phenolic Control Horns...

Anyone know where you can get phenolic control horns like those that come with the Comp-Arfs or the EF Yaks???

I want to save some weight on a new build and would like to use the composite phenolics, but I haven't been able to find any... Comp-Arf does not list them on their accessories page...

Old 03-04-2006, 10:37 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Phenolic Control Horns...

www.bvmjets.com they sell them also www.dreamworksrc.com
Old 03-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

[link=http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/phenlofab-L-LE.htm]http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/phenlofab-L-LE.htm[/link] Stock #KS-2326 or KS-2333 is what I've used. buy a 12"x12' sheet for 10 or 14 bucks and it'll last you a long time.

Make your self a template of how you want it to look, use a scribe to transfer the outline of the template, cut out with a band saw, shape with a disk or drum sander, scuff up the part you want inserted. Try and stack all of them together and clamp tightly so when you drill your hole for the control rod, the hole is in the exact same place on each horn. Glue into the control surface.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro42086.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	420304  
Old 03-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Torqued-Up

Thanks guys...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:09 PM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

I sell double-truss composite horn sets. Go to www.fiber-lite.com under 'horn sets'. Very light, incredibly strong / stiff.

-Tom
Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Magne

I sell double-truss composite horn sets. Go to www.fiber-lite.com under 'horn sets'. Very light, incredibly strong / stiff.

-Tom
Nice horns, Tom.
But why do you only sell to US and Canada???
(paypal works worldwide, you know.)

Regards,
Magne
Old 03-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Torqued-Up

Tom:

Do you offer individual sets of horns as apposed to "packaged" sets??? Like many folks, I need 4 sets of aileron horns, 2 sets of elevator horns and 1 set of 4" rudder horns...

Nice looking product... Do you have these items in stock??? The other companies listed above either don't have what I need or a out of stock and don't know when they will be resupplied...

Thanks...

Mark
Old 03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

Mange: Shipping costs are too high, service is unreliable, customs is a pain. I've heard too many horror stories from other hobby mfgs...sorry. I have been known to relax the policy from time to time...it depends on the order.

Mark: I've got about 20 sets in stock and more on the way. I had thought about offering the sets with 4" rudder and additional aileron horns for larger planes...now I will...but I won't have those types until the next production run...no telling when that will be. Like I said, these type of horns work very well and are lighter than anything else I'm aware of and easy to install (you can do it after covering...no hardpoints are required in most cases).

-Tom