Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

PVA 'repair'

Old 03-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Lance Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PVA 'repair'

Quick question.... I shot this morning the PVA over quite a large fuse plug (13 feet). Tonight I'll shoot my mold paint over it, and then laying up my mold this weekend.

The PVA layer is looking good except for 2 places that it's got a bit of a sag to it. The two places are about a 2 inch by 2 inch area.

Would you:

a. Leave it alone, and live with it showing up in the mold.
b. Take a sharp knife, and attempt to cut out the 'panel' out to the nearest pannel lines. This would make the area trimmed away about a 4 inch by 4 inch area for each spot. I though of trying this and attempting to peel the PVA up here, and brushing PVA back into the area I just removed.
c. Any other good idea anyone might have.

Thanks for any thoughts on it.

Lance
Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 PM
moldmaker
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PVA 'repair'

If the PVA is not too thick take a wet rag and wipe out the sag then brush on a very light coat . I never spray PVA real thick one light mist coat works very well sprayed to thick and the pva tends to glue the part in the mold making release harder .
Old 03-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Lance Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PVA 'repair'

Thanks for the insights.