Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

CF gear for CG Ultimate

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

CF gear for CG Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 08:51 AM
punkey71
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF gear for CG Ultimate

Hi All,

I'm looking for carbon fiber gear for a Carl Goldberg Ultimate. I've checked Moose and TNT and couldn't find anything.

Any idea's? Anyone have any luck with the 'Type A' from Moose and a CG Ultimate?

Thanks for the help,
Harold
Old 02-14-2003, 03:10 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

The Moose type A is what I ordered for mine. I didn't get them in yet and I am not yet. Shoulb be here next week, I will be ready to finish the plane when the gear arives.

I went to the A gear from another post for the CG Ultimate. That post said it worked fine.

I have used Moose gear on two other larger planes. I like the Moose gear. In fact I am scratch building a 63 inch Ultimate using the Goldberg plans as a base, and I ordered a set of the Moose H9 Edge gear to use on this plane.

tonyc
Old 02-14-2003, 07:49 PM
punkey71

Default Thanks

Thanks Tonyc....I ordered the Type A gear a few days ago and am also awaiting it's arrival.

I'd love to see some pics of the 63" scratch when it's framed and then covered.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to scratch build but my skills and inexperience prevent it at this time. I wish there was a kit (no ARF's for me) in the 63"-70" WS range for a gasser.

Thanks again for the help.

Best,
Harold
Old 02-14-2003, 08:35 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Don't sell your self short. Scratch building is easy when all you are doing is up-sizing a great design. Going up 15% is nothing for a plane this size.

The Ultimate is one rib pattern duplicated 40 times. One firewall and three other formers. Plus cut to fit every thing else. Mine will be stick buld for the fuse instead of cut light ply. Stick built is as easy as it gets. Its strong and light.

The Ohio 62 inch Ultimate was flown with gas motors. It was heavy but it flew well.

Save your Goldberg plans and go for it when you think you can do it.

tonyc
Old 02-14-2003, 08:39 PM
punkey71

Default Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I'll be saving the plans for sure! Maybe that will be my winter project for 2003/2004!

Thanks again!

Best,
Harold