Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Hexcel 7587 20oz cloth...

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Hexcel 7587 20oz cloth...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hexcel 7587 20oz cloth...

Not sure if any of you "Mold Maker" types would be interested in this?? I have some Hexcel 7587 20oz cloth...I have a bit more than I really need..he he

I spent some time in Composite Tooling a while back...Our typical laminate was 1 ply of 7500(10oz)...Followed by 4-5 plys of the 7587(20oz)...And finally one more 7500 ply to finish off with...

This is a Mock Leno weave and works best when cut on the bias in my opinion...It is a heavy cloth...It builds thickness rapidly...It's very stable...It would be most useful in a Tooling application...

I was actually searching for this stuff and having a bit of trouble locating it...I'm not so sure it's that popular out there?? Occasionally I'd see some Marine Suppliers advertise a variant of 20oz tooling cloth...but I had pretty much decided I'd have to call FiberGlast to get some of the "Good Stuff"...

I just thought I'd make a post in case there was anyone searching for this type of cloth and having trouble locating it as I was...

**P.M me if interested**

Have Fun...

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40630.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	707894