Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

How do you construct a pulsejet plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

How do you construct a pulsejet plane?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
2StrokeNick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you construct a pulsejet plane?

I've got the pulsejet building part down, but i've got no experience with r/c planes. I want to construct something similar to team helmond's KB-70 [link]http://pulsejet.amtjets.com/index1.html[/link]
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: How do you construct a pulsejet plane?

Nick:

If you can, find a proven design in kit or arf form for this type of engine, and follow the instrctions. If none, which is likely, suggest you go to Bruce Tharpe products and buy one of his larger flying wing types. Then you can limit your design needs to getting the thing from burning up and getting the center of gravity correct. Why I suggest the BT design is because it is a little slower than the rest and much more user friendly. You want something with landing gear on it, for sure. Keep us posted, this is a interesting project.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
2StrokeNick

i dont like the Bruce Tharpe one. I really want this exact plane, but don't know how to get it. [link]http://www.pulsotriebwerk.de/nachlese/Hubert%B4s%20Scout.html[/link] It just looks so perfect.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: 2StrokeNick

. . . i've got no experience with r/c planes. . .
If you want to build it, fine, but if you want to learn to fly r/c on it, your chances of success are not good. I reccomend that you build it, then put it on the shelf and admire it while you gain some experience.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
2StrokeNick

yeah, that's what i kinda had in mind. Team Helmond's plane does 280mph and i can't imagine controlling something like that without any experience. I think a cheap electric plane would be a good learning tool.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
jratuszn

For a cheapie practice plane, you might try Spadtothebone.com, as well as the spad forum on this site - these planes are made from corrugated plastic- you can get a ton of the stuff free around election time. They are quick to build, and really forgiving to new fliers. I smacked mine into a light pole once, right on the wing. It spun around in a circle and dropped flat onto the ground. Not a dent (well, a dent, but I started the engine back up and it flew no prob). Jus make sure to buy plenty of extra props. I went through these like candy when I first started.

-J
Old 08-10-2007, 05:24 AM
XE521

Hi Nick,

you say "I want to construct" and show http://www.pulsotriebwerk.de/nachles...s%20Scout.html. Do you want to build from a plan or a kit?

I'm not too sure but I belive that both are available here in Germany.

Regards.

Karl.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dreadnaut

ORIGINAL: 2StrokeNick

. . . i've got no experience with r/c planes. . .
If you want to build it, fine, but if you want to learn to fly r/c on it, your chances of success are not good. I reccomend that you build it, then put it on the shelf and admire it while you gain some experience.
Yep. Without several years of serious flying under your belt, attempting something of that speed is not advised. You have to have the eyes, thumbs, and building skills of a very good modeler to do 200+mph. It's like saying, "I've flown a Cessna 150 in a flight simulator so I should be able to handle this P-51 mustang"...crash.... crunch... fireball.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Troy-RCU

"I've flown a Cessna 150 in a flight simulator so I should be able to handle this P-51 mustang"...crash.... crunch... fireball.

Hey! I was doing pretty good with that Mustang 'til Jerry got on my six with a 109.