Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Fiberglass Fuselage question

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Fiberglass Fuselage question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:54 AM
cheese_puddin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Fuselage question

Hello,

I have a 120 size p47 arf and it has a fiberglass fuselage I have noticed that where the horizontal stabilizer fits there are some cracks coming from the hole. My question is what is the best way to repair this if it is possible. Also i noticed small cracks throughout the fuselage that dont go all the way through they are just at the surface maybe just the paint but im not sure....is this normal if not is there a way to fix it? I am just hoping they are not stress cracks from shipping as the box was pretty mangled. I have never had a fiberglass fusalage before so I am not sure as to what is normal or not. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Brad

Also if anyone has tips on what to do or not to do with fiberglass that would be great also.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:05 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fiberglass Fuselage question

can you post some pics??
Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
cheese_puddin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fiberglass Fuselage question

Here are pictures of the problem areas:

This is the tail section which is cracked
[img][/img]

this is the cracked front of the cowel again the cracks dont go through but it feels weak when pressed on slightly:
[img][/img]