Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Frekote FRP-NC a no release

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Frekote FRP-NC a no release

Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Kevin Matney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frekote FRP-NC a no release

Has any one had a no release from this stuff. I just had 1 it took me 2 hours to get it open. And hurt the mold.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 AM
gltruett
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frekote FRP-NC a no release

Kevin,

We've been using Frekote over 10 years now and never had a problem. I only use 770 in the aerosol cans. I have never used FRP-NC since Henkel only recommends it for esters and we use only epoxy. I always spray new molds with at least 6 coats and I always spray a fresh coat between pulls even though it's supposed to be good for 5 or more pulls. Sorry to hear it has hurt your molds, it has been a good product and huge time saver for us.

George T
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Closterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you use the cleaner and the sealer before to apply the FRP-NC ? How many coat did you put ? You need to put 4 to 6 coat (wait 1h between each coat) before to make the first parts. And I think you need to wait 24h before to make the first parts (i'm not sure for this one...)

I use it since 5 years and never had any trouble. I'm able to make 10 parts before to put another coat !! Really better and faster than use PVA...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

On a new green tool; you should always seal it prior to the release process. We use Frekote 700 NC as our release agent, but we seal our tools with FMS first (Frekote Mold Sealer). You will find that it will make a world of difference in how well your parts will release from the tool when this process is performed.

Bob