Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carbon Fiber Sheet Help

it sounds like you are building a lip around the perimeter of the bulkhead in the fuse correct? won't the fillet that is formed on each side of the former when attaching it to the fuse serve a similar purpose?

Yes, in a way I am suggesting building a "lip" around the perimeter of the spar/bulkhead, equivalent to the flange of an I-beam.  The plywood/carbon plate would be equivalent to the shear web of the I-beam.  This lip is however not limited to the area inside the fuselage, but continues the full length of the spar.  The lip is made of carbon fibers, and is therefore very strong.  A glue joint (fillet) is not very strong in comparison.

Magne

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh, I see what you mean, Magne. But if you create a lip running out along the plug in spar, won't that make it difficult to create a nice box for it to slide into? I think my plan is to laminate 2 sheets of 1/8 aircraft (5-ply) ply together with fabric in between and on each exterior under pressure. Then cut out my part shape from that. I did get some nice 1/8 ply parts cut from AK Models (thanks flyintexan for the lead) but I think going with the layup first then cutting will work better.
    Sean McHale - Malvern, PA
    "Strive for simplicity. You never have to repair what you leave out." - Bill Lear
    Kingtech Turbines - www.kingtechturbines.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Sean :

I here noticed you are looking for Carbon Fiber sheet for water ject Project . 

My name is Lei from CHN Carbon Fiber Technology Co.,Ltd ,  Located in yixing city , Jiangsu Province , CHINA .

We are a Leading Manufacturer of carbon Fiber Products -sheet , tube , rod and export to US , Denmark , Spain , Turkey , Poland ..

Currently our Standard Sized CF Sheet is 500mm*600mm , Surface is smoothly finished , Prices as follows :

CF Sheet             Size                           Thick               Unit Price

500mm*600mm           0.5mm           $31.2

500mm*600mm            1mm             $55.7

500mm*600mm          1.5mm            $79.2

500mm*600mm             2mm             $102

Based on big QTY ,  Discount is offered to customers . 

IF you are still looking for best Source , You can make a Comparion of my Prices with US Local Sources 's .   

Welcome if you have Inquiry

Lei 

Email :  leilijia1987@163.com

CHN Carbon Fiber Technology Co.,Ltd 

www.chn-cf.com 

CHINA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12