Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Priming & Painting Epoxy/Poly Kit

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Priming & Painting Epoxy/Poly Kit

Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Priming & Painting Epoxy/Poly Kit

Hi All,
Am currently working on a KMP Adam A500. The fuse, cowl and tail booms are epoxy construction. The wings, center section and stab are Poly construction. Used CitriStrip to take to the bone, been priming w/ Duplicolor Premium High Fill, filling blemishes with Evercoat. So far so good. Been using DN alcohol to clean between primer coats. Question is should I use a primer sealer once its ready to paint? And since this is a epoxy/poly build, am guessing I want to go with an emamel paint on base color? Considering its made from 2 different types FB, is what I'm doing so far sound okay? Especially trying to take care with the poly side, it seems pretty fragile, don't want to put something on it thats going to eat it up later.

FWIW.. I say made from both.. what I'm calling epoxy is an off white color.. the other parts are a green kind of 'sheeted' foam look.. a club member said white stuff is normally epoxy and green look is usually poly. Let me know if way off base here..