Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Leading Edge Slats

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Daku_Papa's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leading Edge Slats

Fieseler storck

the fieseler storck stole aircraft was build with [ leading edge slats ] and these is little information I have been able to find concerning building [ slats ] on a RC model.

Current think here is that the slats could be molded along with the leading edge all in one piece, oh I know it would be impossible to mold all at one time sense the design of the slat would not lead it self to a one time moldings so I would think that molding the slats and mounting post and then mold that into the composites leading edge, keep in mind that the wing a balsa construction

then composites leading edge and slats would have to be glued in at time of wing construction

on the slats I was thinking and wounding if using a fiberglass arrow shaft as the lower edge of the slat and laying up graphite or kcvlar on top of that to form the training edge of the slats , would epoxy resins stick to the arrow shaft after roughing it up a bit

it seems to me that dreaming up how to mold this will be more complicated than building the whole plane but then again it is the most importance part of the plane

any ideas anyone or any information you can pass on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	92707_40032.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	53407