Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

fiberclassics arfs or monokote arfs

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

fiberclassics arfs or monokote arfs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 11:05 PM
warhoover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiberclassics arfs or monokote arfs

i am pondering purchasing an arf from Fiberclassics. is a composite aircraft stronger and more durable than the balsa and monokote versions. i would like an aircraft that can stand the elements better than monokote. Any downsides to composite?

thanks,

greg
Old 07-30-2003, 03:53 PM
shehzad

Dear Greg
i just built and flew a composite ARF sky dancer and i think its amazing. much stonger and durable..very accurately built...
flies great..
cheers
shehzad
Old 07-30-2003, 04:14 PM
Mike James

Default YES!

A good friend of mine, Steve McLaughlin, recently got one of the Extras from composite.arf-com, and it is one of the highest quality pieces of work you will find.

Steve let me get REALLY close, and have a good look at his plane, and it is awesome. I even deflected an aileron enough to look down inside the "hinge" channel, and it's immaculate.

I don't know their exact process, except that it involves some combination of vacuum and heat, but whatever it is... Wow.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:29 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Hi,
I fly IMAC aerobatics in the SE, and can tell you that the Composite-Arf 330 is a great airplane. Like any hi-performance aerobat they are built to fly. If they are not abused or landed too hard they will last near forever. I stress ***too** hard. They will take less than perfect landings, but like any other plane you don't want to really hit hard. I have a good freind that I help that flies Sportsman and he loves the plane. I have flown it for a couple minutes myself and it flies very well. There are alot of these planes flying in the SE, and the pilots that fly them are doing very well with them. There is nothing wrong with a Monokoted plane either. Personally I have a RadioCraft and that plane can compete with the best of them. It's really a personal choice. Almost all of the planes that are currently on the market are very good IMAC planes, but there are some that really stand out...the Comp-Arf's, the RadioCrafts, the Cardens, and AeroWorks are few that come to mind. With any of these planes you can't go wrong. Probably the most important thing to consider is what you like...fly what you like, and what suits your style. If you like it, you'll stick with it longer and will learn more with it. I really don't think that there is any real adavantage bewteen a composite plane or a MonoKoted plane...it's more a choice of what you like.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
warhoover

Default composite or monokote

Thanks to all for your insights. I am considering the composite versions since a friend told me you don't have to mess around with the wrinkling of monokote, especially when it is sitting in the sun. Any Comments?

Again,

Thanks Warhoover
Old 09-03-2003, 10:48 AM
luvtoflyrc

how hard is it to fix a composite compared to a fixing a stick built ?
Old 09-03-2003, 10:29 PM
davidfee

Originally posted by luvtoflyrc
how hard is it to fix a composite compared to a fixing a stick built ?
In some ways it can be easier. It is just a different set of techniques.

-David