Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Sterling Ringmaster Sportster

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Sterling Ringmaster Sportster

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sterling Ringmaster Sportster

The Ringmaster Sportster was the relatively unknown member of the Ringmaster family. It and the Ringmaster flash really didn't look a lot like the classic Ringmaster s-1 that is so well known. However , this Sterling model while probably not one of the largest selling members of the Rinmaster line still commands hefty prices when offered on the bay. Pat King undertook the preservation of this design and redrew the plans and has produced a limited number of short kits. This is the kit prototype. There is more about it on the Ringmaster forum. It is unusual in that it is one of the few side mounted full fuselage models in C/L.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20776.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1520428  
Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sterling Ringmaster Sportster

Very nice. Pat drew some plans for a multi-engined Scale project and sent them to me to build. He is a very good draftsman and I can't wait to build it. Bob Whitely's F-82 Twin Mustang 1/2A Scale model was designed by Pat as well.
Isn't the Ringmaster Sportser a tricycle geared model? I always thought they were very cool and with that canopy reminded me of the Navion sport plane.
Chris...
Old 10-24-2010, 01:36 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a tri gear model, W/S is 39inches and it is a somewhat unique model. Thats a picture of the prototype kit
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Mooney_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the Ringmaster forum? Are you referring to Stuka Stuntworks or is there another forum for the Ringmaster?
ORIGINAL: dennis

The Ringmaster Sportster was the relatively unknown member of the Ringmaster family. Pat King undertook the preservation of this design and redrew the plans and has produced a limited number of short kits. This is the kit prototype. There is more about it on the Ringmaster forum.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
jcralley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mooney_driver

Where is the Ringmaster forum? Are you referring to Stuka Stuntworks or is there another forum for the Ringmaster?

ANSWER:

The forum is the Brotherhood of the Ring:

http://www.brotherhoodofthering.info/flightline

You will need to register to view and post in the forum. There is tons of Ringmaster information on this site!!!

Enjoy,

John