Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

I was impressed enough with the .09 Mk17 on the bench to shrink one of my .35 size stunter designs down around it, but not having run any of these in the air, I have some Q's that will affect the design of the nose and tank I construct for it.

1) Is it sensitive one way or the other to pickup centerline, like the Fox .35's are?

2) Does it have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing? On the bench I just ran it conventional venting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

ORIGINAL: cutaway

I was impressed enough with the .09 Mk17 on the bench to shrink one of my .35 size stunter designs down around it, but not having run any of these in the air, I have some Q's that will affect the design of the nose and tank I construct for it.

1) Is it sensitive one way or the other to pickup centerline, like the Fox .35's are?

2) Does it have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing? On the bench I just ran it conventional venting.
    1) No, it is not sensitive one way or the other because it is a radially ported and symmetrical engine unlike the Fox that has the massive transfer port only on one side and is bias.

2) Yes it will have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing but if you have any lingering doubts I believe that these engines came with two venturi inserts so simply use the smallest one and progress from there.

Irecommend side mounting the engine as it will be far easier to 'clear the sinuses' if flooded and you can adjust the compression screw far easier.

Good Luck!