Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM
cutaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

I was impressed enough with the .09 Mk17 on the bench to shrink one of my .35 size stunter designs down around it, but not having run any of these in the air, I have some Q's that will affect the design of the nose and tank I construct for it.

1) Is it sensitive one way or the other to pickup centerline, like the Fox .35's are?

2) Does it have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing? On the bench I just ran it conventional venting.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Recycled Flyer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Q's Soviet Mk17 diesel on a profile

ORIGINAL: cutaway

I was impressed enough with the .09 Mk17 on the bench to shrink one of my .35 size stunter designs down around it, but not having run any of these in the air, I have some Q's that will affect the design of the nose and tank I construct for it.

1) Is it sensitive one way or the other to pickup centerline, like the Fox .35's are?

2) Does it have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing? On the bench I just ran it conventional venting.
1) No, it is not sensitive one way or the other because it is a radially ported and symmetrical engine unlike the Fox that has the massive transfer port only on one side and is bias.

2) Yes it will have enough suction to operate successfully with uniflow plumbing but if you have any lingering doubts I believe that these engines came with two venturi inserts so simply use the smallest one and progress from there.

Irecommend side mounting the engine as it will be far easier to 'clear the sinuses' if flooded and you can adjust the compression screw far easier.

Good Luck!