Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

1/2A brodak 3/8 oz tank problem, will not feed

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

1/2A brodak 3/8 oz tank problem, will not feed

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 AM
sealdoggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2A brodak 3/8 oz tank problem, will not feed

Question anyone know why this Brodak BH-502 wedge tank may not feed fuel, the vents are open the fuel delivery is open, engine will not run, changed the tank ,engines runs fine, problem is I need the 3/8 oz tank the 1/4oz is too small.

This application is a Baby clown with a .049 medalion, the 1/4 oz tank will on do 4 laps wide open need more fuel, the 3/8oz tank should be just right however it will not supply fuel to keep this engine running.

When I choke the engine to start the engine fuel comes out of the top vent hole, don't know if that normal or not, does the tank need to mounted tilted down slightly in the back so that the pickup tube is submerged ??

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Phlip

Default RE: 1/2A brodak 3/8 oz tank problem, will not feed

The top  vent has tubing that runs down to the bottom of the tank, and the lower vent has tubing that runs to the top of the tank.  If fuel comes out of the upper vent while you choke the engine, it seems to me that somehow air is being forced into the tank and it is not free to pass out the bottom vent.

4 laps on 1/4 oz. tank = 6 laps on 3/8 oz tank.  That doesn't seem like enough to me.  I think you have an issue with the engine.  Is the 1/4 oz tank empty after the 4 laps?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 AM
sealdoggy

Default RE: 1/2A brodak 3/8 oz tank problem, will not feed

Phillip thanks for the reply,

I took a soldering iron to the back cover of the tank and heated it up, I believe there was a solder ball on the back of the fuel tube obstructing the flow, anyway it works now.

Steve