Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Going to get more CL time.

Just today the crew was here to trim, down and clean up enough in my backyard to allow me to fly on 65 ft. lines. I talked wifey into spending some $3000.00 to clean up some of our trees all around the house. Wonder how long it will take her to discover my true motivation? They still have a day or so to finish.

Looking forwqard to being a kid again, as when I was in high school I had a nice 50-65Ft. circle behind the country place I grew up in. When not fishing or hunting I was building or flying CL and some FF. Some days I actually went to school. Nothing worked like the medicine that hearing the school bus go by provided.
    When I graduated from high school the principal said something about everyone. He said of me, "Horrace came to school when he was too sick to go fishing." Guess he never thought about those CL models.
    Horrace Cain AMA L-93

“Peace is the brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.\" T. Jefferson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Going to get more CL time.

Good for you, my friend!!!!

Now, as soon as they're done with your place, do you think you can talk wifey (yours preferably, my wife caught on to those hidden motivations of mine years ago) into springing the cost to clear a bit more of the trees/brush around here so I can get my planes off a bit easier?

Geez, just the thought of not having to drive the 1.5 miles to my flying field makes me drool. Of course, I'm not all that far from being of an age where the drool will be pretty much a constant thing anyway.
    Hahahahahahaha!

(I just love my humor! I crack me up.)

Dave
    Dave W. - AMA #94881, VRCS #208; "Old-school" R/C & C/L Sport Flier, instructor
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood #69, SIG Brotherhood #109, Cub B'hood #198, Glowhead B'hood #51

FLYING is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man. LANDING is the 1st

To a tree, balsa tastes just like chicken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Geez, just the thought of not having to drive the 1.5 miles to my flying field makes me drool. Of course, I'm not all that far from being of an age where the drool will be pretty much a constant thing anyway. Hahahahahahaha!

(I just love my humor! I crack me up.)

Dave
    That is FUNNN-IE!

I have 14 miles to drive to my club field. If I wish to fly CL, there is space, however I have to bring my own tractor-mower and mow the circle. Now I won't have to do that and can do whenever the need arises. (That is about the only need that arises anymore) []
    Horrace Cain AMA L-93

“Peace is the brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.\" T. Jefferson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Horrace,

I know you were at the Ringmaster Roundup last Spring but I don't know if you have a Ringmaster. If you do you need to put up some flights for the Fly-A-Thon October 1 and 2 on that new field!! If not, I believe some of the Houston fliers are going to flying and you need to join them!!!