Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

.049 Engine

Old 09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
bjfrankl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default .049 Engine

I currently fly a Brodak .049 engine (which runs very well), but I am curious if there are other companies out there manufacturing .049 engines??

Bjfrankl

Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM
flyingagin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: .049 Engine

http://coxengines.ca/home.php
Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 PM
downunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are a number of other manufacturers making .049's like [link=http://www.flycontrolline.com/Profi%20049%20.8cc.htm]this[/link] one but they're mainly all very high performance engines. Just about all of them are made in Russia and turn in the 30,000+ range. [link=http://www.gregorie.org/freeflight/f1j/]This[/link] page has a list of just about all engines in the .049/.061 range.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
aspeed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just noticed this thread and thought I should mention that Brodak engines are pretty much a CS engine.  I heard they will not be making any more castings after the existing ones are used up.  They also made a BB .049 and .06 ABC motor as well.  It needed a lot of attention to tolerances and stuff but was pretty good.  I have a piped one and a normal one, they were about $100 for the piped quite one a while ago.  If I needed a 1/2 A motor I would just get the AP Hornet .09 (or .15 which is the same weight and bolt pattern.)  They are ball bearing, ABC, super cheap and a good motor considering.  They have a throttle and restrictive muffler though. I made a venturi and needle valve for control line for mine. It goes pretty good with the bigger venturi. For $35 it beats a Surestart and is way better for RC. You can't compete in 1/2 A events though. Otherwise, a Profi or Fora is pretty great!!!$
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
paw080

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe the MkII Brodak .049s are made in the Ukraine now. If you wish to play
with diesel engines, the PAW .049s are also currently available; from Carlson engine imports and
Eric Clutton. I have a PAW .049 diesel that pulls a Ringmaster Jr on 45' lines and it will do the
entire stunt pattern at 54 mph.

Tony

Search this Thread