Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

info on Sig Buster Kit parts

Can anyone out there in C/L land tell me what the diameter of the wire landing gear on the Sig Buster is? Also, what size wheels should it run for a race?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: info on Sig Buster Kit parts

Chuck,
    http://brodak.com/control-line-parts...ding-gear.html check Brodaks selection of gear Item BG-1764, I have a Shoestring and found these to be very strong. The wire for that original kit was 1/8" dia. music wire......Order some 2" dia Glenn Lee wheels for it if your launching from pavement. This is for the Larger Buster with a 40 size engine. For a .15 size use the 3/32" wire. and 1 1/2 dia. wheel. Kert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The SIG Buster probably used 3/32" wire for the landing gear. It was intended for 0.15 engines. 1 1/2" to 2" wheels, if you can find some very thin racing wheels so much the better. (Like Don's Wheels - looked like a pair of flat cymbals stuck together around the rim.) Could search on 'CL Racing' - there is a National CL Racing Association (NCLRA) site which might help. Those 2" Glenn Lee wheels might do real well for you.

The approximately 40" Buster profile was originally a Carl Goldberg kit. Had a built up wing; fuse and tail were sheet and slab profile parts. It has been rekitted by several guys, after the CG kits fell away. This one is for .36 to .40 engines.
    \\BEST\\LOU
    Lou Crane, Sierra Vista, AZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the come-back. I appreciate the info more than you can imagine. It ought to have been easy to find, but, well,... nothing is easy.
    Chuck Smith
    South Louisiana (Cajunistan)