Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

1/2a Combat

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Godsey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2a Combat

Ihave been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. Ihave checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: 1/2a Combat

ORIGINAL: Godsey

Ihave been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. Ihave checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla
Just one. A Little Satan.
Lots of other plans, just nothing else germain to the question.

Ken

Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 PM
R Bush
My Feedback: (73)

Barry Baxter has a ton of 1/2A control line plans in his category "Small Stuff" (or "1/2A or So").
http://www.controllineplans.com/frameset2.htm

Also, Brodak has kits, arf's, and plans.

Randy
Old 07-28-2012, 07:05 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After you build a few kits you can just make up your own plans.  Just get the better ideas from each one that works good.  Keep it light and strong, fairly nose heavy, and make the wing hang out a bit from the leadouts so it doesn't come in at you. KISS (keep it simple&safe)
Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM
paw080

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Godsey

I have been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. I have checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla
Well, Randy has pointed you to an excellent source compiled by Barry Baxter. Before you select
a plan, What genera are you looking for? Is it the current 42' line length designs or are
you interested in the prior generation TD powered designs? If you're looking at contemporary
models, you are looking at 250-300sq" wing areas; TD stuff can be 189-220 sq" wings.
before that period, you will be looking at the too smallish wing area model and kits.

I think Barry has all bases covered, and if you want a model for modern combat engines,
He can increase the plan size to yield suitable models in the 250-300sq" area range.
Barry's 1/2A DoomBat is a excellent flying and strong model that is perfect for TD Combat.
It has built up wing with a foam leading edge and I believe the ready to fly weight is around 5 1/4ozs.

Tony
Old 07-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Godsey

I was hoping to be able to get free plans. I have decided to build a Combat Wing called Cheap Imitation. It calls for a Tee Dee .049/.051. Right up my ballpark.

Rolla
Old 07-29-2012, 06:30 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you look around you may find a Picco P0 either the .05 or .06 that is much better than the Cox. It has a weak crank so they are fairly cheap because of that ($40) For competition the .05 has to be changed to an .049 for for playing around it is great for the price.  It is a dune buggy style heatsink head kind of thing as far as I know.  Just keep the revs down below maybe 25,000 rpm and make up a venturi and it should be ok.