Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 1/2a Combat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/2a Combat

Ihave been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. Ihave checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/2a Combat

ORIGINAL: Godsey

Ihave been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. Ihave checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla
    Just one. A Little Satan.
    Lots of other plans, just nothing else germain to the question.

Ken

\"As for Me and My House, We Will Serve the Lord\"
    Club Saito Member 775
    Club K&B Sportster
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood 15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Barry Baxter has a ton of 1/2A control line plans in his category "Small Stuff" (or "1/2A or So").
    http://www.controllineplans.com/frameset2.htm

Also, Brodak has kits, arf's, and plans.

Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After you build a few kits you can just make up your own plans.  Just get the better ideas from each one that works good.  Keep it light and strong, fairly nose heavy, and make the wing hang out a bit from the leadouts so it doesn't come in at you. KISS (keep it simple&safe)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Godsey

IĀ*have been looking for plans for 1/2a Combat Wings. IĀ*have checked outerzone. Not a whole lot there. What plans do you all have hidden away?

Rolla
    Well, Randy has pointed you to an excellent source compiled by Barry Baxter. Before you select
    a plan, What genera are you looking for? Is it the current 42' line length designs or are
    you interested in the prior generation TD powered designs? If you're looking at contemporary
    models, you are looking at 250-300sq" wing areas; TD stuff can be 189-220 sq" wings.
    before that period, you will be looking at the too smallish wing area model and kits.

I think Barry has all bases covered, and if you want a model for modern combat engines,
    He can increase the plan size to yield suitable models in the 250-300sq" area range.
    Barry's 1/2A DoomBat is a excellent flying and strong model that is perfect for TD Combat.
    It has built up wing with a foam leading edge and I believe the ready to fly weight is around 5 1/4ozs.

Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was hoping to be able to get free plans. I have decided to build a Combat Wing called Cheap Imitation. It calls for a Tee Dee .049/.051. Right up my ballpark.

Rolla

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you look around you may find a Picco P0 either the .05 or .06 that is much better than the Cox. It has a weak crank so they are fairly cheap because of that ($40) For competition the .05 has to be changed to an .049 for for playing around it is great for the price.  It is a dune buggy style heatsink head kind of thing as far as I know.  Just keep the revs down below maybe 25,000 rpm and make up a venturi and it should be ok.