Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Vintage Engine Help?

Hello, Just inherited several old control line motors. I can't seem to find information on several of the engines. I was hoping by my discriptions someone could help me. The first engine has the name HOPE 19 . The second one just says atom on the motor. The third one says spirtzy with the number 6 on it. The fourth one says nothing on it but has a indian with a head dress on it. Looks to be about 30 to 40 size. I also have a vivell 35. Anyway, the engine with the indian really interest me because there is no name. thanks craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Vintage Engine Help?

The one with the Indian head on it is an OK Cub "Mohawk .29" OK also made a .35.
    \"Keep it clean and not too lean\" Duke Fox

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like a good group of motors, what condition are they in?

Do you plan to run them?

Greg
    Regards
    Greg

Elwood: They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: boogie1

Hello, Just inherited several old control line motors. I can't seem to find information on several of the engines. I was hoping by my discriptions someone could help me. The first engine has the name HOPE 19 . The second one just says atom on the motor. The third one says spirtzy with the number 6 on it. The fourth one says nothing on it but has a indian with a head dress on it. Looks to be about 30 to 40 size. I also have a vivell 35. Anyway, the engine with the indian really interest me because there is no name. thanks craig
    What you want is the "engine finder" pages on the Model Engine News website.

See: http://www.modelenginenews.org/ad/hope_p4.html

for the Hope 19 engines.

Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does your "Spirtzy" engine look like these two? They are Anderson Spitzy .045's. The one with the spinner was My first model engine that I purchased in the early fifties.

Hmm the Hope engine I certainly never heard of but it is a Lovely engine in the link posted by qazimoto.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11134.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	1818829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw70895.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	1818830  
    \"Keep your controllines tight\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: boogie1

Hello Craig, I just googled each of those engine names and got plenty of info

including photos. Next time, try Google; it can be berry berry good to you!

Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Guys, The engines are all in good shape with nothing missing. Ive flown RC for years. I had several cox and testors control line planes when i was younger. Now i see them selling for crazy prices on ebay. Anyway, If i will try to post some pics later of the engines.Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those Spitzy's were nice little engines.

John Brodbeck, president of K&B engines once told me that K&B made some of the Spitzy engines for Mel Anderson.

He said there was a fire in the Spitfire factory and Mel brought him the moulds and parts needed to make them. John said K&B had a much simpler backplate than the original machined type Mel used and he thought they made the tank a little longer.

John also said it puzzled him when he saw different numbers on the front of each tank/engine casting and asked Mel why?

Mel said it was to confuse the competition so they couldn't tell how many batches of engines he had made.