Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sig Primary Force Engine.

Well after looking for a few years I finally got a primary force. I was just wondering what would be a good engine? I have a 46LA but I think it might be to big. I am tempted to try the NV 40 AX-BB or an Enya SS40S.

RE: Sig Primary Force Engine.

Are you wanting a plane that will fly stunts at a moderate speed?

I checked over at Stuka Stunt Forum and found this thread which gives good information:
    http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=37794 3&mesg_id=377943&listing_type=search

There seems to be agreement that the OS LA25 is a good match. In fact that's what the designer recommends.Formore power, an OS FP25 or other plain bearing or ball bearing 25 to 28 should be good. Vibrators like the Fox 35 will break off the nose.

Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had 2 of the Sig Primary Force models. Both were powered with K&B Sportster engines a 28 and 20 respectively. Both were excellent flyers as the Sportsters handle larger props then the LA25 with ease. Both of them did the full pattern.

Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Enya SS40 is of similar weight and power to the LA46, and the NV 40AX is even heavier, so I'd give them all a miss. Dennis and Randy's suggestions sound good, and you could add the Enya SS25 and SS30 to the list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I got an engine a nice OS 40FP that has been tuned for stunt. Thanks for all the replies.