Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Control line field box

I have been flying control line for 5 years. I stick my control line stuff in my RC field box, which is getting pretty full. I would like a dedicated field box just for control line. Not really impressed with the current field boxes on the market. I want to make my own or find one more suitable for control lines flying need. Does anyone know where I can get some plans or buy a box? If you have made one could you please post a picture or two so I can get an idea of what works?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Control line field box

Try Sig They used to have a awsome field box all laser cut.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They still do, and are nice. I was able to fully assemble the Field Boss without glue the first time as its so well designed.

I am actually selling my Sig Field Boss as I decided to downsize but what do you really need to bring with you to the field? Love the Boss but due to its size I pretty much put everything I had in it and it weighed a ton.

When I really looked at what tools I actually used at the field I was able to downsize big time.

I modified a used Tower Hobbies flight box to my needs and am very happy with the outcome. I cut off both outside sections (hold fuel, battery and power panel) as I usea separate box that holds fuel and a starting/charging battery.

I can post a pic if needed later...

Bill S.
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #56
    Goldberg Tiger Club #17
    SIG Brotherhood #69

Ultra Sport Brotherhood #135
    http://radiocontrolhobbies.freeservers.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://streamershuttle.blogspot.com/ Lester builds a great control line box that is small yet versatile. I've built a couple and love them. You will have to go down his blog a bit to find it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the longest time I used a bucket, but after awhile I got tired of being called "Bucket Boy". Built a Great Planes Master Caddy. Great for RC, but heavy. I had to make a wagon to carry mine. Some people are using Rubbermaid tool boxes. You're wise to do your research.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Consider two containers:

A small one for the field with small can of fuel, fueling tool, lines, booster, and extra prop(s) with tools needed to change it.

A larger one with repair equipment, additional fuel, and anything else you feel you need. This one usually stays in the car.

George