Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Control line field box

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control line field box

I have been flying control line for 5 years. I stick my control line stuff in my RC field box, which is getting pretty full. I would like a dedicated field box just for control line. Not really impressed with the current field boxes on the market. I want to make my own or find one more suitable for control lines flying need. Does anyone know where I can get some plans or buy a box? If you have made one could you please post a picture or two so I can get an idea of what works?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM
tokpilot

Default RE: Control line field box

Try Sig They used to have a awsome field box all laser cut.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

They still do, and are nice. I was able to fully assemble the Field Boss without glue the first time as its so well designed.

I am actually selling my Sig Field Boss as I decided to downsize but what do you really need to bring with you to the field? Love the Boss but due to its size I pretty much put everything I had in it and it weighed a ton.

When I really looked at what tools I actually used at the field I was able to downsize big time.

I modified a used Tower Hobbies flight box to my needs and am very happy with the outcome. I cut off both outside sections (hold fuel, battery and power panel) as I usea separate box that holds fuel and a starting/charging battery.

I can post a pic if needed later...

Bill S.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Bob Mears

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://streamershuttle.blogspot.com/ Lester builds a great control line box that is small yet versatile. I've built a couple and love them. You will have to go down his blog a bit to find it.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

For the longest time I used a bucket, but after awhile I got tired of being called "Bucket Boy". Built a Great Planes Master Caddy. Great for RC, but heavy. I had to make a wagon to carry mine. Some people are using Rubbermaid tool boxes. You're wise to do your research.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Consider two containers:

A small one for the field with small can of fuel, fueling tool, lines, booster, and extra prop(s) with tools needed to change it.

A larger one with repair equipment, additional fuel, and anything else you feel you need. This one usually stays in the car.

George
Old 02-10-2024, 02:44 PM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

I have read this post before about Field kits. I to have the Sig box, it’s big but I mostly used in my RC days. Now I am back to U Control, long story on that one. But I cut the battery section off my Sig Box. And dug out my old U Control box. I think I got it from Pilot. Some company in Tennessee. I cut it up and saved the single drawer and attached it to my Sig battery and control panel it sets above the drawer section. Walmart had a small battery and it fit great. My power panel has a hot shot charge plug and an amp meter. I kept my fuel panel and jug with the Sig kit. Just use my fuel serenge at the set line. I hope this works. Like my box so far.AJ