Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Nobler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nobler

Hi!
    I have contiued building a Nobler Cl kit (not wings and ribs)I started on 38 years ago and wonder about the flap to elevator raito.
    On the old plans that shows a FOX .35 engine the control pushrod from the yoke inside the wing to the flap is connected to the higest hole on the flap linkage, from there a second pushrod is connected below the first pushrod and then goes back to the elvator where it is is connected to the middle hole on the elevator. This makes both the flap and elevator raito more or less the same. Is this ok?
    Jan Karlsson - Supplier MVVS Products

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Nobler

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
    I have contiued building a Nobler Cl kit (not wings and ribs)I started on 38 years ago and wonder about the flap to elevator raito.
    On the old plans that shows a FOX .35 engine the control pushrod from the yoke inside the wing to the flap is connected to the higest hole on the flap linkage, from there a second pushrod is connected below the first pushrod and then goes back to the elvator where it is is connected to the middle hole on the elevator. This makes both the flap and elevator raito more or less the same. Is this ok?
    Absolutely!100% correct.

What this set-up does is makes it so that both flaps & elevator move equally (assuming the crank for both is the same). Makes for a VERY maneuverable plane - great fun.

Dave W. TSgt, USAF/ESC (Retired, 1968-1990)
    AMA #94881, VRCS #208; " Old-school" R/C & C/L Sport Flier, instructor
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood #69, SIG Brotherhood #109, Cub B'hood #198, Glowhead B'hood #51
    Flying field coords: 38.650863,-78.44985

FLYING is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man. LANDING is the 1st

To a tree, balsa tastes just like chicken