Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tigercat Twin C-L

I have a construction question about the Tigercat plan from American Modeller Annual that I have attached a link to: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4727 . It appears that the wing ribs are cut out as usual and the trailing edges end with a point.......however, just behind the wing ribs in the plan there appears another trailing edge? In the plan it is called the "soft 1/8 inch sheet TE" and goes on average 3/4 inch past the end of the wing ribs. So should the wing ribs be redrawn to have square trailing edges to accommodate for the second trailing edge? Or....? I'm a bit confused as to why it was drawn this way...........thanks for the responses

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What it looks like, 64stang is that the ribs are covered with 1/16" balsa plank both top and bottom. Both top and bottom meet at the back end of the ribs, forming the 1/8" thick mating surface for the 1/8" thick trailing edge that butts up against these two 1/16" back edges of plank. Ribs are drawn correctly, as the planks over the ribs form the finishing airfoil.
    George Hostler
    Clovis MADS AMA Club, Vintage R/C Society (VRCS)
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by 64stang View Post
    I have a construction question about the Tigercat plan from American Modeller Annual that I have attached a link to: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4727 . It appears that the wing ribs are cut out as usual and the trailing edges end with a point.......however, just behind the wing ribs in the plan there appears another trailing edge? In the plan it is called the "soft 1/8 inch sheet TE" and goes on average 3/4 inch past the end of the wing ribs. So should the wing ribs be redrawn to have square trailing edges to accommodate for the second trailing edge? Or....? I'm a bit confused as to why it was drawn this way...........thanks for the responses
    Check your thread on RCGroups - I posted the construction article for that plan.