Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Precision Aero Engines?

Old 11-06-2016, 05:26 AM
jpooch00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Precision Aero Engines?

I saw the listing for these engines on the Brodak site, but Google's never heard of 'em.

Any and all info will be very much appreciated!

Thanks for all,

JP
Old 11-06-2016, 06:24 AM
RCPAUL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Go to Aero Products. These are very well known cl engines.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:40 AM
jpooch00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPAUL View Post
Go to Aero Products. These are very well known cl engines.
Been there, done that. Very little useful info. Mostly extolling the virtues of these motors, but very little else. Emailed them for more info and pricing but never heard back.

A link to the engine manufacturer's factory page would be greatly appreciated, if one exists and if you have the time.

Thanks,

JP
Old 11-11-2016, 02:14 PM
gene6029

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Log onto Stunthanger.com. Look in the vendors section under Aero Products, Randy Smith. He has his personal phone # listed. If you are interested in info on his engines you'll find it on that site. He has engines listed for sale there.....Gene
Old 11-11-2016, 05:03 PM
knuckleball

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Be careful dealing with him. I bought via phone NEW engine parts and paid top dollar which was okay, but he sent USED, defective parts.
He is careless with your CC too, had all my card info printed on the paper invoice in the box and stored on his computers.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:18 PM
stuntflyr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Typical, two posters with less than 10 and 20 posts are critical of and besmirch a celebrated cottage industry stalwart that has produced and provided top equipment for more than 30 years with ignorance and aberrant claim.
Chris...
Old 03-19-2017, 03:44 PM
knuckleball

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntflyr View Post
Typical, two posters with less than 10 and 20 posts are critical of and besmirch a celebrated cottage industry stalwart that has produced and provided top equipment for more than 30 years with ignorance and aberrant claim.
Chris...
Has nothing to do with post count. Randy Smith offered his services and f'ed up.

What color glasses do you wear? What world do you live in?
Old 03-19-2017, 05:18 PM
stuntflyr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use Randy's engines. Aero Tiger 36 in Classic, PA 61 in my pipe ship and building a new Stunter for my new PA 75 I just bought. I've never had any trouble doing business with Randy Smith in 30 plus years. Thousands would probably say the same. Sounds like your experience was an abberation.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:43 AM
fredvon4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Over the years Randy has taken good care to steer me right and sold me a lot of great equipment... Yes he is old, a one man show, and not very internet savvy with his well out of date web site

I sort of think he has TOO Much work and deliberately ignores the web site

I communicate with him mostly by e-mail but occasionally on the phone... once when I did not get a (to me) fast response I gave him a bit of gruff... he apologized but then said with over 150 e-mails a day to respond to he occasionally forgets or sends the wrong respond to the wrong guy...

To the guy who claims he got used defective parts.... no sure what to say but the Randy I know--- would never ever do that ---on purpose.... and if he did would IMMEDIATELY make it right...

I only dream of actually owning one of his super engines...but for now I play in the lower range with his superbly reworked Magnums, perfect NVAs, real good ARFs...He is also about the only source for very good filler (Zink Sterate) and his Aero One fuel additive is worth every penny for a few drops into my fuel mix

I do not owne any of his carbon or well done CNC mufflers but they are highly regarded as the best there is

We have lost so many of the big suppliers and now these cottage industry guys are rapidly dying off or retiring....

If you have any love for Control line flying, you should be supporting and lifting up these few gents who are NOT making any true significant profit... two guys I know have lost money dong this stuff but still do it just for the love of the hobby

Randy Smith
Walt Umland
Eric Rule
Bob Hunt
Pat Johnston
Lee's machine shop
MBS
John Brodak
Select Hobby
the resurrected Black Hawk

and several more my feeble old brain is forgetting

If any of these is foreign or unknown to you----- reading a control line focused thread on this forum....you simply are not paying attention

To the Original Poster (OP) about Precision Aero (PA) engines

These are expensive (relatively) and equal to or better than the very few other very good Nats and world champ stunt engines.... if you want the best of the best, There is PA and RoJett

Randy will Never say Jet is crap and Jet will never say PA is crap....

Rant off...Kevlar on....

Search this Thread