Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Digging out the stuff

Old 12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
zeke mccoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digging out the stuff

As the years go by I have learned not to dispose of the stuff. Am thinking of pulling out the wires, degumming the Foxes, and flushing out the fuel tanks. The old Glo Bee Fireplug is showing it's age, was able to find a new cell for it, do they still make the Fireplug?

Like somebody else mentioned in these forums it's like riding a bicycle, will be a little rusty. But before the flight is over the plane will be wrung out, can't keep on the straight and level for long. Used to visualize telephone poles around the circle, vertical up, vertical down, up, down, up, down, recover at the bottom as low as the nerves allow.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:27 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Digging out the stuff

Zeke,
Welcome back to CL. You may find that you get dizzy at first (again).

George
Old 12-20-2003, 12:38 AM
zeke mccoy

Avoid dizzyness by planting the feet and doing 8's and loops etc.

Does the computer interfere with building time?
Old 12-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Elwyn

Hi Zeke! Make sure you get fuel with a decent oil content (not the 'Pink Lemonade" stuff) for those old Foxes, but you probably already know that. Luckily Ultimate R/C in Broken Arrow is stocking a good line of C/L goodies including fuel suitable for the iron piston motors. If you're looking for some people to fly with you might want to come out and pay us a visit at our flying site south of Jenks. We're usually out every weekend if it isnt to windy, cold, or wet. For more info and directions to the field check out our website at
http://www.tulsacl.com Hope to see you at the field some weekend!
Old 12-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Jim Dross
My Feedback: (1)

Hi, Greg. I too have started flying again after all the years of storing the "stuff" . Come on out to the Tulsa Glue Dobbers and lets fly again . JIM DROSS