Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

re; Cylinder Chroming

Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
aspeed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It would be nice to know all the steps involved for chroming. Solutions, voltages, times in the tank, masking etc. Video maybe. I don't really need anything chromed, but would like to try it or at least like to know. I am sure there are a lot of OS AX motors that could be salvaged with some chrome instead of nickel (le) Sreipping instructions too. Reversing voltage? Laps are not too hard to make.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 AM
fredvon4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a place to start..... http://www.caswellplating.com/electr...ting-kits.html

There are a couple of folks on various forums (I did no book mark, sorry) that show how they made the holders and conforming anodes to do pistons and sleeves.

The entire process and equipment seems to me to be reasonably priced for doing small items

I plan this winter to set up for color anodizing various aluminum parts of my engines and accessories just for aesthetic reasons

I have a fair collection of Fox MK VI and MK IV combat engines that may need re-chroming some day...if the folks who do this are not in business I may get this kit from the link I provided