Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Question about Sterling kit S2

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Question about Sterling kit S2

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 07:28 AM
tflame
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question about Sterling kit S2

Hello Guys
I would like to know if anybody at this time is making a kit of the Sterling Profile P-51D Mustang Kit S2 ? I have friend who would like to build one. Your help Will be appreciated.thanks.
Yours
Tflame

modeler since 1963
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
rw Guinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about Sterling kit S2

ORIGINAL: tflame

Hello Guys
I would like to know if anybody at this time is making a kit of the Sterling Profile P-51D Mustang Kit S2 ? I have friend who would like to build one. Your help Will be appreciated.thanks.
Yours
Tflame

modeler since 1963
Only thing I remember about them is the Iron Balsa they included..heavy and HARD!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Steve Helmick

I'm trying to find out. I thought either Larry Richards or Walter Umland make a repro kit of the Mustang. I checked Larry's site, and he only makes the F-94 and Navion. Walter's site is down, and I'm pretty sure I have his latest addy change. If you go to the links page on our website (I'm the webguy), you can look for yourself. http://www.nwskyraiders.com/links.html I'd think Barry Baxter would have plans for it. His site is http://www.controllineplans.com/ Have fun, get dizzy, no hangover! [8D] Steve
Old 12-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is one listed for sale in the Classified section of Stuka Stunt Works Control Line forum.

Jim
Old 12-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Steve Helmick

I checked with Walter Umland, and he has not produced any P-51 kits since he bought Golden State Models, so my suggestion would be to look for a Golden State kit, or buy plans from Barry Baxter. Sterling kits just bite! Notches that don't line up, producing ribs that "toe out" are just ugly, and a pain to fix. How about a bigger profile Mustang? Either Larry Richards or Brodak can supply them, and they're good kits. Larry even sells them in two sizes, 33" and 48" spans. They are kustom kut kits, so may take a week or two to ship. Steve

PS: Walter U. says his website is down for a bit, until he can get it moved into a new server...a domain issue. It will resurface with a new url...changed to ".net" from ".com". Been there before....
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
tflame
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Guys
Thanks for the help.I have been to those sites mentioned by you. I will advise my friend about them and also suggest to keep an eye on ebay he might find it there. Umland site is closed for now but even when it was open I couldn`t tell wich kits he was selling. I think I have gotten more info about his site in SSW site.
My friend is planing on making a P-82 out of the kit,he said he had done it before and liked the way it flew. Since I don`t see him often I don`t know how he powered or any other detail.
I really appreciate your help RW,Steve and Jim. Thanks Again.
Yours
Tflame

Modeler since 1963