Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Supertigre C .35 Info needed

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Supertigre C .35 Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 05:37 PM
tflame
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Supertigre C .35 Info needed

Hello All
I have a few Supertigre Engines that I would like to get the Screws for but don`t know threads size. The screws are Coarse thread metric but after that I`m lost. This engines are a C.35 Bushing type and a G21/40 . Is there anybody selling parts for this old engines? The Engines are in good shape except for some hamfisted work on the screws. I plan to use this engines. Are there Allen Head screws in this metric sizes? All Help will be appreciated guys.
Yours
Tflame

Modeler since 1963[8D][8D][8D]
Old 01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Steve Helmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supertigre C .35 Info needed

The thread size is 3mm x .6mm pitch. The bad news is that you can't get these anymore. Other engines of the period used the same size, OS .35S, ST G.21 series, ST .51/.56/.60, and others. My guess is that they changed the 3mm standard thread to .5mm pitch, because that is the standard now.

You might still get factory screw sets off eBay, but you can also use #5-40, and socket heads are available, tho not as easy to get as 4-40 or 6-32. Some report that the 5-40 will screw right in, but I would at least use some STP or similar slippery stuff to keep from galling the aluminum. Phil Granderson sent me one of his OS .35S engines, so I could measure the screws and come up with a solution. It had been loaned out, and came back with various screws in it. Some were known to be OEM, and I checked the size of those. I ran a 5-40 tap into the case at all locations for Phil. I've been a machinist for 31 years, modeler for more than that. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Steve
Old 01-01-2005, 08:31 PM
tflame

Hello Steve
After reading your posting I tried a 5-40 screw on my Supertigre C.35 Bushing engine and it works real good. I searched and in My MICROFASTENER catalog they have them in allen socket screws and slotted fillister head machine screws. I think I will order the 5-40 tap too to clear the threads. I will also keep my eye open to ebay as I would like to get the original screw set for the G21/40 it looks nice with real good compression and a good set of screws all it needs.
Thanks for the info Steve.
Yours
Tflame
Modeler since 1963
Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Steve Helmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! Glad to be of help. Now, it's your turn to help somebody. [8D] Steve
Old 01-15-2005, 09:34 AM
tflame

Hello Steve
Received 5-40 screws from Micro fastners and they fit great. Used 5-40 x 1/2 inch on the head and 5-40 x 1/4 inch on the backplate. I had cleaned the engine and polished the head and drive washer also installed new needle valve . Engine ran great on power master 5%nitro 29% castor . I used Performance specialties Ultra oil as preservative before I put it away since It won`t dry up and turn to gunk inside the engine. Thanks for the Help.
Yours
Tflame

Modeler since 1963