Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

top flite nobler with brodak 40... you opinion

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

top flite nobler with brodak 40... you opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
leblanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top flite nobler with brodak 40... you opinion

Well... the title says what i want.

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 01-30-2005, 05:20 PM
leblanc

Default RE: top flite nobler with brodak 40... you opinion

Just something i want to know hmmm. for the tank how do we fuel it is there a tube sticking out or do you have to open everytime to fuel it?

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 01-30-2005, 06:24 PM
fox4evr

Hi LeBlanc, You need to run the vent and overflow to the outside. Normally the vent would go out the side and face forward. The overflow, just out the bottom. If you are using a metal tank, you can use hose to run the vent out to the side. I bend a 90 degree copper tube and put it though the side and epoxy it there, and then run it into the hose extension. The clunk type tank can be done the same way. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this also.
Lee TGD
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 PM
cltom

fox4ever is right. Whatever tank you use, you really only need to run the overflow out. As long as the tube can be opened for overflow, it'll work. You can fuel through the muffler pressure line.

There are several threads over on SSF that suggest the Brodak 40 may be too much engine for the Nobler ARF. You need to run a low pitch to keep from flying too fast - probably an 11/4 or 12/4 cut down slightly. The Fox 35 is the perfect combination, but it takes a long break-in (probably a full gallon), and it needs special fuels (at least 25% castor oil).

Although, the Nobler ARF shows an OS 40LA in the instructions - so a Brodak should do fine, since it's even lighter.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:14 PM
fox4evr

I guess I am just old fashioned cltom. I have 4 brand, spanking new LA 40s and still am running foxes on everything. I do have a pathfinder with a reworked PF 40 on it that is really something. Its a BOM...bought own model...I got it from another flyer at a contest here in Tulsa. Its capabilities are so far past my skills its not even funny...BUT IT SURE IT FUN.
Lee TGD
Old 02-13-2005, 05:43 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

I have a new Brodak Nobler with a LA .40 in it, I wonder how it would compare to the TF ARF/Brodak .40? I hear the TF ARF is a very good plane, I did get to see one fly last summer and it was awsome to watch the guy fly the pattern, his plane had a modified .40 FP. It flew so slow, kinda sputtering along until he went verticle and then the 4 barrel kicked in! It was the first time I saw a plane fly a 4-2-4 break.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
jehold66203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Brodak 40 is over powering the ARF Nobler a little bit. But, if that is what you have use it. You may have to go to longer lines to slow it down a bit. That is something that was pointed out to me on another forum. Too fast use longer lines, too slow use shorter lines. let the engine run where it runs the best. Of course you know your going to have to add tail weight to compensate for the heavier engine. --DOC
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
leblanc

a drodak 40 is lighter than a fox 35. So i ll have to add nose weight

LeBlanc
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 AM
cltom

ORIGINAL: leblanc

a drodak 40 is lighter than a fox 35. So i ll have to add nose weight

LeBlanc
Perhaps you meant a Brodak 40 is lighter than a LA 40. I don't believe there is a 35-40 sized engine lighter than a Fox 35.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:02 AM
jehold66203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, not too many if any engines lighter than a Fox Stunt 35. I even have shaft extension on mine, as that is how much difference there was in length of crankcase and shaft. Nobler was designed for the Fox Stunt. -DOC
Old 02-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Believe it was designed for the Johnson 35 which George blew up at the Nats and Hal built him an engine out of 35 and 25 parts that gave him a 29 displacement with a very strong 4-2-4 break that we all now live for. Then again, I only read this story about 50 times, may have needed to read it one more time.