Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

slow combat trophy winners 1972 salem NH

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

slow combat trophy winners 1972 salem NH

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:45 PM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow combat trophy winners 1972 salem NH

found this while going thru old photo alblums.the remains of two planes and the winning plane at salem nh, june 1972.sterling ringmaster with 6 oz r/c clunk tank and fox 36x.believe we were one of the first to use r/c clunk tanks in c/l slow combat competition.those of you who follow corvette design,that is John Cafaro jr on the left .cheif designer of the corvette for a number of years.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29513.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	343104  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 PM
DakotaRado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slow combat trophy winners 1972 salem NH

I flew at a few events in NJ in 71-72, one was a large national at an airport in North Central Jersy --Manually Fix-- Jersey Jessy Jeers Jes Jessey Jess Jews Josy Jars Jerry Jerky , the other wasn't quite so big and it was in Berkeley Heights. What memories I have of destroyed balsa and a trophy or two from local events also. I wold love to meet John Cafaro --Manually Fix-- Ca faro Ca-faro Carfare Caro Faro Afro Safari Cairo Canary Cara Jivaro Covary Cari Cafe Carfares CFO Cahra Fro Afr Capra Carri Caviar Capri Clari Gavra Afar Cadre Cafes Jr. I'm a huge corvette fan and an overall Chevrolet Muscle Nut, and encyclopedia.

I decided it's more fun and my body decided I was right, there's just too much fun to be had on 4 wheels in R/C.

Don't get me wrong pilots, I remember a scale B-29 about 6ft wide with 4 .19s running and I just loved his whole presentation, I'll never forget that airplane, and I built a few myself so I'm still a fan, just hated the broken parts, that's all.