Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Any Oldtimers Left??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Oldtimers Left??

I tried to see if there were any old Rat-Racers left out there in the beginners forum. It was reccomended that I try here. So I'm just wondering if any of the guys my Father flew with are still around. In the late 50' & early 60's we lived in Midwest City, Ok. I don't remember the name of the club there I was only 7 when we moved to Ca. in 1964. My Dad's name is Tommy Tomblin, he also was known as Willie back then to family & close freinds. It was nick-name given to him as a youngster that kind of stuck with him. He was big into Rat-Racing, & Combat tournaments. He & his buddies used to go all over the midwest to fly in them. One plane that sticks out in my memory was a hot-pink Nobler, he won alot of trophies with that plane. He is still alive & well, but no longer flies. He has however successfully passed his desease on to me. If there is anyone out there that knew him or recognizes his name, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Mark T.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

Default RE: Any Oldtimers Left??

Hey Mark,

You should get he OT out and let him spin around a bit... I bet it would do his heart good!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark,

You might want to look up some of the special interest groups (SIG) on the AMA Academy of Model Aeronautics site. I think it is: www.modelaircraft.org

Many people specialize in a particular type of modeling and tend to hover around that group.

For the Nobler, that would be the PAMPA (Precision Aerobatics Model Pilots Assosiation) Site: http://www.control-line.org

Another place where many "Stunt" flyers group is at Stuka Stuntworks: http://www.clstunt.com

Good luck in your quest. You will meet some nice folks.

George
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

Great thanks for your time & tips guys. I really apreciate it!

Mark