Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Keil Kraft Phantom Mite

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Keil Kraft Phantom Mite

I read this thread last night and couldn't stop myself.
Now I only have 4 models to finish, ... a 24" Spit for a TD 020, a 27" Ranger type for a TD .010 and an Eindecker for a TD 010. I admit this is the only C/L one and I will start a new thread as I move along with it. They should kit this classic again... Maybe I will!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37352.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	501004  
Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Steve, great work, looking good. Which version is it, Phantom Mite or the full size Phantom?
You're right about kitting them again, everyone seems to like building and flying 'em as a fun project..........John
Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a mix of both. I have scaled the original to 500mm and not using as many "chunks" of wood. Also working the plans out so it can take any thing from the Sure Start to a TD .09. or of course , the Mighty Merlin. I may just kit a few now that I have my 1/2A oriented web site started and laser kuttin' has become so affordable.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
bradac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These pictures brought back memories of the early 50's when as a young'n I made three Phantom Mites all powered by an ED Bee. Sadly all ended up smashed but I still have the Bee which occasionally gets fired up for fun. Does anybody have any info on my other then favourite, the Keil Kraft Vega chuck glider. So many were built and I would like to do one for my grandson.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
David Cutler

Does anybody have any info on my other then favourite, the Keil Kraft Vega chuck glider.
Lots of good information here:-

http://www.pottyproductions.freewebs.../aircraft5.htm

. . including information on the model that got me hooked, the Marquis!

-David C.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:40 PM
bradac

Thanks for the Information David, I will certainly follow it up
Old 07-26-2023, 03:29 PM
Kennith

Default Phantom mite survivor!

Hi Guys. I am new to this group, but have an interest in designing and scratch building various types of model, aircraft, boats, steam engines, model cannon et al, currently building a Thames Barge alongside a DaVinci ‘Helicopter’. I used to work on models professionally, mainly for The UK National Maritime Museum, and Laurie Langford, a great collector as well as London dealer. I was interested in your thread about the Keli Kraft Phantom Mite, as I still have a boxed and unbuilt kit which, (unbelievably ) I purchased when at school in England around 1957! Although I have never built this plane myself, a chap who I worked with in the seventies borrowed the plan to photocopy, and produced three different versions, one was direct from the plans, one was larger and the third was only half sized, electrically powered for ‘Round the pole’ flying - remember that? The small electric plane flew for five days continually, day and night at one point, I believe in a hotel lobby somewhere, although the details escape me now. I am often tempted to build the kit, which still resides in its yellow box, and if I recall correctly cost about ten shillings in those far off days. Inspired by this thread, maybe I will build one from the plan, but still keep the original in its virgin state for old times sake! I presume that Cox Pee Wee engines can still be found.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:50 PM
Coxfledgling

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cox

Hi ken,

Model maker for the national maritime museum !

Often admired the models there as a kid with my nose pressed up to various glass cases, even the last time we visited the museum a good twenty years ago as a dad, fantastic !

Cox baby bees etc often on eBay, dens model supplies ( Google it ), cox international and exmodelengines, even the Cox engine forum. Mecoa also do Cox stuff but are not "export friendly" due to the wonderful Brexit con.

Paw are still in business, wonderfully engines.

Last edited by Coxfledgling; 07-26-2023 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Dumb predictive text