Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Converting G51 RC to CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Glen Wearden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting G51 RC to CL

I ordered a ST G51 RC from Tower "Scratch & Dent", and got it yesterday. It was missing the manifold, which I had, so it's good to go. Saved $24. Initially, I'm going to use it for RC, but might want to convert it to CL. If I put the CL sleeve in it, along with the venturi, NVA, and all that, will I have, basically, the same engine as the G51 CL? Thanks. Glen
Old 08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Converting G51 RC to CL

Actually you'll have exactly the CL version
The only internal difference is the timing of the exhaust port. The CL version opens at 70 degrees BBDC while I believe the RC opens at 74 degrees. You might want to try the RC liner first because a couple of guys on SSW have said it runs quite well, maybe not as good as the CL version though.

I must admit I'm majorly impressed with my G51, it's got virtually identical power to my Stalker 61 and pulls a large model around with ease while 4 stroking. Ditch the muffler though.