Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Flite Streak landing gear.

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Flite Streak landing gear.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 PM
tigger04
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flite Streak landing gear.

Hi,I posted this question once but didn't get a reply. Since I am kind of new to getting back to control line planes I wanted to ask the people who fly these, I received a Flite Streak plane that I am going to fly. I have an OS.40 engine to use on it. What prop size would you advise? Also what line and length? The other thing is that I would like to add landing wheels to this plane as it only has the front. Could anyone tell me what I would need to do and where would be a good place to mount the wheel,remove the single front and add something like what a Baby Clown has,or mount them under the wings somehow. Any help would be appreciated. FB.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
CLpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flite Streak landing gear.

A LA 40 will be way too much for a Flight Streak. Lots and lots of guys are flying them with a Fox 35, 10x5 prop.
IMHO A LA 25 would be best suited for a Flight Streak.

As for landing gears. You could bend a new one from 1/8 wire or you could use something like this.
http://home.mindspring.com/~mikeypratt/cfgear.html

Good luck in your effort and hope you are able to get in the air without mishaps.

Jay
Old 01-07-2007, 01:56 PM
tigger04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flite Streak landing gear.

Hi,thank you cl pilot.The info on the engine size is appreciated. I'll look on e-bay and try and find a OS .25. Also the landing gear is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you again. FB.