Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

cox control line planes

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: cox control line planes

I bought one off a guy a couple years ago. Mentioned that I was looking for one on the bay but they kept getting bid for way too much money and he said he had one that was just sitting there, he had run the engine but never got around to flying it. I met him at a flyin with my 20 bucks in hand, started it, flew it and then had him fly it. Then I cleaned it up and tucked it into my van. Got my first one for Christmas in 69, my brother got the mustang. Well, after my brother managed a full part splattering figure 9 we all ended up flying my PT-19 to death. I never got tired of the thing but fuel was expensive for a single wage earner teacher family of 4. Got better when my mother started working again the next year. Anyways, it was one of the few things that my father and I did together when I was young. Wasn't until I was in Jr. High when I was mowing lawns that I got another gas powered airplane.

Yup, it just hangs there in my shop reminding me of the good times, well worth the 20 bucks. I come across another one I'll fly the snot out of it.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:57 PM
scottyweb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read about the Cox Corsair you talked about in your post. I just purchased a similar Cox .049 Corsair control line airplaine on ebay, & was wondering if anyone knows how connect the wing to the fuselage to ensure it stays on during flight. The plane didn't come with instructions, but it's new & never been flown. Any advice on exactly how to affix the wings to the fuselage would be much appreciated.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
CoxPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message to Martin Hepperie: Got your message, and have visited you web site and photos. Sorry, but I don't have any from those days at Cox. I say the copy of "Wally Wins His Wings" on e-bay a while back, land noticed it was deleted. Dale Kern never got back with me about a copy of it, nor did any other contacts from those days. They all talked a big game, but didn't come through. So far, all I have is a memory.