Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

1/2A C/L Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 PM
highflyinguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2A C/L Supplier

I'm looking for a "one stop shop" place to get 1/2A C/L flying stuff. My local hobby shop had a Cox Baby Bee which I purchased but no other 1/2A stuff. I ordered a Stunt Trainer kit from Blackhawk Models. Is there a on-line distributor or hobby shop that carries a full line of 1/2A planes, engines, supplies, etc.
I'm looking for a "1/2A Am US" type place.
I live in the Denver area if anyone know of a LHS around that area.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
culver

Default RE: 1/2A C/L Supplier

Brodak manufactures kits and 1/2a engines, RSM, Sig and Blackhawk make kits. All have web sites and I believe list dealers and distributors, check with your LHS they can order and if not some of the mfgr's will deal direct although they will try to get you hooked up with one of their dealers first.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Luna_Rendezvous

just placed an order with http://www.virginiahobbysport.com/index.htm good service, decent prices, and a nice range of 1/2A C/L kits !
Old 09-09-2007, 09:48 AM
highflyinguy

Thanks for the info, good starting points. LHS has his own supplier (he will not give me name)which owner is put out too much to dig into if they have what I need. He always seems to be busy with R/C projects and taking care of local R/C folks. Has poor hours of operation. He will not last long. Does not advertise or have phone number listed in phone book. It's like word of mouth is his preference. It's a small town and he needs to get the word out in a broader area about his exsistance, at least for R/C stuff. "Eagles Nest" hobbies has poor C/L customer service. Service is the name of the game in the present busniss world.
Back to mail ordering for my C/L supplies as I do for my .40 size C/L planes.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
cutaway

A lot of stuff can be fab'd yourself.

ex. I've taken to making my own tanks lately. Not as beautiful as the ones made with nice clean stamped ends, but OTOH, I get to make them exactly the shape I need or want for a project. A 100W soldering iron, sharp tin snips, and using the nose on a long needle nose plier and bits of hardwood as a metal breaks works OK. .008 tin stock from one of those ubiquitous K&S displays is about perfect for the job.

I made a nice landing gear strap today in my vise using a piece of old steel from an old video card's slot blank. Snipped the size I wanted, then opened the jaws of the vise just a tad and whomped the wire down onto the gap a few times with a 5lb mini-sledge - perfectly formed heavy duty LG strap ;->

Home depot sells some aluminum angle stock that's good for making control horns. Rough with a hacksaw and finish on a benchtop belt sander and you got a very heavy duty control horn. I've been fab'ing and brazing my own flap horns lately too. Not too hard once you get the heat on the torch right and the metal is clean and fluxed well.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 PM
propjobbill

Lone Star Balsa http://www.lonestar-models.com/ is also a good place to find planes engines, etc. at very reasonable prices.