Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Cl Kits available

Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cl Kits available

Just a word to the wise: I have been over there by the "eastern seashore" [X(] and there are a large number of old CL kits coming on line for those willing to go for them. I just picked up an old Midwest 48" w/s Me 109 profile. I see several more of those kits there plus a number of stunt kits. Might need to check that old bay out. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Hossfly

Default RE: Cl Kits available

It's back again. CL and FF stuff galore. Some really good and some not so good. Lots of old RC wood kits too.

Please buy it and save me money.

What will I do now with another Starduster 900 FF?

OH back to yester - year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43036.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	849646  
Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM
gpd4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please excuse my ignorance, but where did you find them?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: gpd4

Please excuse my ignorance, but where did you find them?

His "eastern shore" and "over on the bay" is sort of camoflage talk. I think he thinks the moderator is going to delete his references to ebay, or something. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Maybe if we can figure out the code he's using, we can find out what he does to find just C/L kits on ebay. [sm=confused.gif]

Hey HOSSFLY, when you're out on those beaches, what seashells do you look for?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
cutaway

The problem with older kits is the wood usually sucked real bad and the die-crunching is atrocious. A set of plans and careful wood selection will usually produce a much better result.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Keefer
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: da Rock
Maybe if we can figure out the code he's using, we can find out what he does to find just C/L kits on ebay.
I use this search string in that auction place: Doesn't get me kits only, but it does get me all ukie stuff. The car and helicopter references with the minus sign keep out the unwanted stuff.

(c/l,u/c,u/control,control line) -car -helicopter
Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
build light

ORIGINAL: cutaway

The problem with older kits is the wood usually sucked real bad and the die-crunching is atrocious. A set of plans and careful wood selection will usually produce a much better result.
This is so true in most cases but not always.

There are a few exceptions to the rule like this pic of an old P-38 kit. 323020286579
Please keep in mind I do mean that it is exceptional. The formers and ribs are not die cut. Plans are not typically blueprints either. Let us not forget those beatiful spinners and formed nose ! Really nice!

Keefer, that is a good search parameter. Lots of people do not use such inclusive/exclusive search parameters and come up with a lot of unwanted results to have to filter thruough.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86508.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	851554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86720.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	851555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75891.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	851556  
Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 AM
lukesp

I just picked up an old Midwest 48" w/s Me 109 profile
Good for you Hossfly, I always intended to buy myself a Midwest P 63 Kingcobra but procrastinated until they dissappeared.

Can anyone tell me if the Midwest 109 profile is the same as the Flying Models plan for the Vince Micchia profile 109? Somewhere in the dark reccesses of my mind I have this vague idea that Vince Micchia did the designs for Midwest kits. Any truth to this?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:24 AM
GrahamC

ORIGINAL: lukesp

Good for you Hossfly, I always intended to buy myself a Midwest P 63 Kingcobra but procrastinated until they dissappeared.

Can anyone tell me if the Midwest 109 profile is the same as the Flying Models plan for the Vince Micchia profile 109? Somewhere in the dark reccesses of my mind I have this vague idea that Vince Micchia did the designs for Midwest kits. Any truth to this?
Hi Luke,

I do believe you are correct.

I had the Midwest ME-109 way back when I was about 14. Powered by a Fox 36X Combat special (the one with roller bearings). Flew the heck out of it and interestingly I have been reminising about it as of late. I don't remember whatever happened to that plane, I have no recollection of crashing and destroying it. Must have disappeared when Mum cleaned up when I left home after joing the Air Force.

cheers, Graham
Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: da Rock
Hey HOSSFLY, when you're out on those beaches, what seashells do you look for?
My guess is from that girl. You know, SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS BY THE SEA SHORE... [8D]

George
Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Hossfly

Drats, gcb, you done broke my code. Found out my secrets!

Here is what I do and I am sure you real computer literate guys (I ain't one of those) can do better. This gets me to real kits, now maybe not all but a bunch. Engines and such come up, RC CL and FF. Those helicopters, electrics, batteries, etc. etc. all stay home.

I have a bookmark that comes up: Home> Buy> Toys & Hobbies> Radio Control> Radio Control Vehicles> Air

When that page comes up, there will be 100+ pages with 5-6000 items. I then click on "airplanes" on left side. That cuts the pages/listings down by over 1/2. Then I click on Fuel Source "Gas Nitro". Listings will drop to 700 to a 1000 and usually 14-17 pages available. I cruise from there looking at whatever strikes my fancy. Only trouble is that it costs me money! []

I do check the markets and sometimes sell some stuff that helps balance things out.

Ya'll be careful out there and have some fun flying.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Jim Thomerson

Try this http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmdZ...st=a42078%2Ca6

Wonder if this will actualy work? Looks OK.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
lukesp

I do believe you are correct
Thanks Graham, I have the FM 109 plan along with the Micchia P-63 plan. To go on my to do list, sub group nostalgia.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Hossfly

Dad Burn smart aleck college Proffesor! It works and works well.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
chuck_b24

ORIGINAL: lukesp

I just picked up an old Midwest 48" w/s Me 109 profile

Hello I "think"!!?? I have one of those..I bought it off of fleabay..Let me know if you still want one..It is in indians...chuck