Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

It was started!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It was started!

Just this day, I mowed off a place for a 70 ft. radius circle along with an area for models and lines. This place is on the club-owned property of the pristene Jetero RC Club, Inc. on FM 686 just north east of Houston, TX. I hope to fly my old Still Stuka there Wed. It will be some time before the field will support classy Stunters or CL Scale, however the ground is broken.
Anyone in the area wishing to fly there will have the same requirements of any regular RC flier. On engines of .10 cu. ins. and over, mufflers are required.
See the Events Forum for the 29 Mar. '08 Jetero 12th Annual Anniversary Celebration Fly-In. Ya'll come see us.

edited to add; http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71...tm.htm#7291384
Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Lou Crane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: It was started!

Ho-double R-ace,

As the Aussies say, "Good on yer!".

Just back from VSC XX (that's 20, for the non-Roman numerals types...) and we have a VERY fortunate situation with the Tucson City Parks & Rec - a THIRD paved circle! Plus three existing grass and two paved circles... And, this far south, "We doh nee' no steenkin' mofflas." (But I would discourage Dynajets...)

Yeah, but that's just stunt... Well, okay, but... The Phoenix guys are reserving OUR field for Speed/Racing events over these next few weeks after. Carrier, Scale and Combat, including FAI, are regular parts of our seasonal contests. Racers use our site for well advertised meets, and we generally defer to them for contest dates. Full-spectrum CL activity! And, the First - and so far only - 1/2A multi (metric - up to .06 per engine) Scale meet last October leads to an improved version later this year... The Tucson Daily Star newspaper carried a photo of Charlie Bruce with his Old Timer STAR model during the VSC, and brought us many visitors. (Most asked if we were flying RC - those I met were explained that we had direct, hands-on, full-time control without radio.) Seemed to impress them, particularly as they were SEEING the intricate maneuvers being performed with only UP and DOWN options for control...

I wish we could sell the thought a revivalist minister gave a few of us down in my home town one Sunday: We were flying at the local High School parking lot. The Rev's congregation rented an auditorium in the High School (Go Colts!) for their services. Afterwards, the Rev stopped by to see what we were doing. I, at least, apologized in case we were disrupting their worship. He told us no, they were a singing bunch, and believed in joyful noise to honor the Lord.

Wish we could can that sentiment, and sell it at a discount, no?

Welcome back, and may you ever have a friend good enough to trust to launch your model - and friends who trust you enough to launch theirs...