Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Carl Goldberg's 1/2A C/L's

Old 12-29-2016, 04:49 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
http://technohobby.com.ua/online-shop/en/engines
Just Google Fora engines or Profi engines and you'll get many sources, mostly in Russia or Ukraine
Mark Greenwood and Mike Crossman in the UK are now offering the full Technohobby range to international modellers, this removes the burden of having to negotiate the nightmare of the Ukrainian banking system.

Mark's contact is: technohobbywest@gmail.com
Old 08-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Joe Magaratz

Default Little Toot

I'm new to this forum. So I'm not sure how to direct my question to MJD about a Carl Goldberg plane he built. It was the Little Toot model. I built it as a free flight tooj when I was pretty young. I had a great little Cox .020 on it, but had trouble getting it trimmed. After one of the attempts the top wing came off. There was no instant glue then, but my friend ran to get his mother's box of dressmaking straight pins and I pinned it on! Just for one last attempt. And it did not crash. It went in a large slanted loop that swooped close to the ground and then, with each loop, got a little higher -- and closer to an enormous apple tree at one end of the field. Around the tree it went, once, twice and then it cleared it! We were going crazy! The field was on top of a hill outside the little town and there must have been a great thermal that day because the little plane began to go up into the sky faster and faster. Until it seemed to get near cloud base and then it straightened out and the noise of the engine went out and it began to fly in a straight line over the valley across town toward the next hill. My friend ran to the house to get his father's binoculars and we followed it until it seemed to descend into some trees there. We looked for it and looked, but couldn't find it and it was soon forgotten, until two years later when a little boy from the farm across that hill who knew I made model airplanes (I was the only boy in that small town who did these things) came running to me with a small wing he had found -- and I knew. We went there where he had found it by a tree line at the edge of his father's farm field and high in a tree right above was the remains of that plane. I took it home then, but as things happen, I lost all these things I wish I would have kept in the maelstrom that was life in my early years. No one not even John Brodak knows about the instructions that came with the plans for making it a free flight. I would love to either find an old kit or use John Brodak's new version if that's possible
Old 08-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Joe Magaratz

Default Little Toot as a free flight model.

Originally Posted by MJD View Post
No pics, but over the years I have built and flown 1 or more of:

L'il Wizard
Little Toot (free flight with Pee Wee - fun!)
Swordsman 18
Stuntman 23
Little Jumping Bean
Little Jumping Bean modified with flaps
Little Satan

All fly well, but don't all perform the same. Of all of these the Jumping Bean was a pile of fun and quite aerobatic. The one I built with flaps flew great. The Satan is very aerobatic of course and zips along. The Stuntman 23, if not built overly heavy is a good stunter as far as profile models go, better than the Swordsman 18 which has less wing. I wouldn't bother with a Little Toot on C/L, but as a zippy free flight it is a pile of fun, and won't glide away either. A Pee Wee .020 or TD .010 is plenty of power for FF, forget .049's!

MJD
I've been looking for the plans that describe converting the little toot to free flight. I can't find that anywhere, but I had one too and it got taken away by a thermal. I actually got it back two years later! I'd really love to get a set of those plans and convert a Brodak kit. Or optimally, just find an old kit in a box somewhere.