Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Stuka Stunt Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
NormF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuka Stunt Forum

Is it just me, or is the Stuka Stunt Forum offline?

- Norm
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stuka Stunt Forum

I just checked and it is up and running

Robert
Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
NormF

Thanks, Robert

I used a different browser and was able to access SS. I see it is a known problem, having to do with cookies.

Thanks again,

Norm
Old 05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Lou Crane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got back in there.

This applies mostly to recent Vs of IE... Users of a few other browsers seemed to be able to get in...

On yet another CL forum, posts mentioned that it was a cookie problem, and suggested going to your list in Temporary Internet Files and deleting the Stuka Stunt cookie (clstunt.com?).

That worked. When I got back in, I found the site host had posted an explaination that his server had changed some configurations, (probably security stuff) and didn't carry existing stuff forward properly. When I went back into SSW, I had to log in manually. It rejected my password as already in use. (That much DID carry forward! ) (edits here.)

So, the 'forgot your password?' routine got me a new, site generated, password to log in with.

Which I did, then changed it to something I'll remember more easily...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Firefox and had to delete the cookies after reading about the fix on another forum. No problem with password or anything else though.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:35 PM
MOLE21401
My Feedback: (2)

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO BOTHER USING STUKA STUNT..THAT FORUM IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO C/L
Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Jim Thomerson

I don't think it is a consistant embarasment. Some threads get political and personal, but not many. There is a lot of good information there.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:00 PM
scott17

ORIGINAL: MOLE21401

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO BOTHER USING STUKA STUNT..THAT FORUM IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO C/L
Your first post is this? Really?...... Care to expound upon your opinion?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 PM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Stuka Stunt also.

George
Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
MOLE21401

Try Stunthanger and Brotherhood of the ring for great info.These guys are all gentlemen and politics and backbiting are erased by the hosts.Stuka has too many old professed geniouses that are basically nasty people.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM
gcb

I do frequent Stunthanger and will give Brotherhood of the ring a try...I do have one Ringmaster and one Ringmaster Jr.

Don't be too harsh on SSW, people are people. There have been some negative things but they are WAY overshadowed by the good discussions. Some people say things that appear worse than they mean to say. Since we can't hear a voice or see facial inflections, I try not to judge.

Actually, a person who visits this thread might get some negative vibes...and it's just a discussion. Try Lurking over at SSW occasionally. You might change your opinion.

George
Old 10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
MOLE21401

I check it out daily....my opinion is a result of being treated in a most unprofessional manner by a bunch of their"regulars".I just don't care for the general mood of the place
Old 10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Luna_Rendezvous

Nice bunch of guy over at SSW, very helpfull with lots of good info [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-06-2008, 05:31 AM
lukesp

....until you disagree with them . It's a good forum all up, but can become quite hairy at times.

Once the jingoistic nonsense starts flying it gets boring all too quick. I usually head to Stunt Hangar and wait until they get over themselves. To be fair, Leonard the owner seems to be a nice guy and rather temperate compared to some there, he usually shuts a thread down if it gets out of hand.

I love Stunt Hangar but something about the orderliness of it usually has me heading back to SSW. Both forums have excellent info concealed in their posts BTW.

I have yet to try the Brotherhood of the Ring.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 AM
MOLE21401

well said,Luke
Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 AM
stuntflyr

I'm one of the jerks over at SSW. It is a very competition oriented forum. Most of the people that are refered to as the regulars are merely straightening out the facts about what is refered to as CLPA. It's the US C/L equivilent of F3A (Pattern). The real fun starts when Aussies and Continentals start expounding about some little event called F2B. It's sort of small, about 200 guys world wide. They copied CLPA and now try to convince the world it's theirs!!!
Just kidding of course, it's all in good fun; usually...
Try SSW, Stunthangar, and any others you can find. You will usually get the info you need to get your model flying.
Chris...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
lukesp

C'mon Chris, no one called anyone a jerk.

I quite like the place and the rules discussions/fisticuffs mean very little to me. I avoid those threads concerning CLPA, F2B and OMGBBQ or whatever other class you choose to mention. The only time I really dislike the place is when individuals start beating each other over the head with political opinions and out come the shotguns, flags and then left versus right. I simply cannot see the need for it in a CL forum, wether it's left wing or right wing politics. That's the jingoistic nonsense I mentioned. Boys will be boys I guess.

It hasn't happened in recent times (that I have noticed) which is good because I feel it spoils what is otherwise a very good forum, the place is a gold mine of information via the search function and it has the likes of Al Rabe posting those neat construction threads etc., Ted Fancher and a ton of other very useful contributors.

I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't been there yet, as well as Stunt Hangar. Just be aware there are some interesting[sm=bananahead.gif] people at SSW sometimes.

Man, I wish they had that rolling pin shaking emoticon here. And the pot stirring one too.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:36 PM
gcb

ORIGINAL: lukesp
...wether it's left wing or right wing politics. That's the jingoistic nonsense I mentioned. Boys will be boys I guess.
Ya gotta have both wings to fly... [&o]

George
Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
lukesp

He's here all day, folks. []
Old 10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
stuntflyr

LukeSP,
Is your avatar an Aeronca Sedan C/L Scale model?
Cool.
Chris...
Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 PM
lukesp

Chris, yes.

That's Walt Musciano's Aeronca 1/2A log from his book. I have never flown it, mainly because it ended up rather heavy for a half A and I don't want to plant it. Too much lead in the nose for my liking. I really need to build another less detailed and lighter one. Love Walt's Half A models.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47166.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1057728  
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 PM
stuntflyr

That is really good looking and nicely detailed.
Chris...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM
da Rock

BTW, guys, most forums have rules. They also have moderators who try to keep order, at least the good ones do. But it's usually a volunteer job and often filled by one of the regulars. And contentious threads often build the highest post counts. And post counts are important to advertisers or just to the owners. And mods who're regulars can sometimes show the most bias. It's usually to the buddies they've been to contests with and swapped plans and building tips etc. This internet actually is anything but professional. And it shows.

Why all this expostulation?

Well, as sort of an advertisement for RCU and to mention a few things. RCU asks their mods to control advertising of competing forums. We're also asked to control any discussions of politics and religion and to look out for our posters who are "cursed, flamed, degraded, insulted or might be embarrassed by other posters..." etc etc etc....... All those rules you read when you registered here. Nope, I'm not even suggesting anything about this thread........ I'm just trying to get across a point.

It'd be nice if we did have more regulars around here. We might have if y'all would invite some of the better posters in those other forums to swing by here. But please mention to them that political posts wind up being deleted and calling other posters things that'd "insult or embarrass" also get the knife. And that all in all, this not-too-popular forum is a pleasant place to talk about CL. (And please don't tell my boss I let such a long thread go that was basically advertising other forums. )

BTW, about "the regulars" other places being overpowering....... I know some of those guys, and know how competition types are..... Most driven types are passionate about what they do. And it spills over. And some are just flat agressive..... And some run the forums or moderate them. But ain't none of them boys professionals.....

whatever..........
If you would, advertise us as much as you advertise them. And don't tell my boss........... After all, I consider this thread as somewhat helpful to keeping CL alive.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM
da Rock

BTW, I wish I'd had a camera when I built one of those 1/2A LOGS back in....... back in........ uh....... the 50s.

Mine was red, orange, yellow too. And cost a fortune to finish. The LHS owner kept selling me 1oz bottles of Aerogloss and saying it'd be enough to finish the sucker. Jeez, that Aerogloss, the Ambroid, and castor in fuel sure did smell good didn't it.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:44 AM
lukesp

Yep. I still love the smell of castor based fuel. It's time you built some more logs.

My little Aeronca was airbrushed in cheap hardware store enamels (the small tins sold for brush painting furniture and such) and rubbed out with Turtle Wax once the enamels had hardened for a month or two. I got the idea from an old Aeromodeller magazine (early fifties) that had pictures of a model painted in Woolworths enamels and buffed a jillion times with Brasso of all things.

One of the nicer aspects of this CL forum, all tucked away in RCU, it often attracts guys who either flew CL years ago and have an interest in returning or guys who have never flown CL and are curious about it. Nothing wrong with that. Competition flyers develop the hobby and related equipment further, sport flyers and occassional flyers keep the CL industry solvent. Both groups need to recognise each other a little more, just my take on it. Build a Musciano log, you'll like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.