Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Class II carrier

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Class II carrier

Hey all,

I've been out of carrier for couple of years and and just started a new Class II Skyraider. I'll be using a line slider and was wounding if I should use flaps in conjunction with the slider.

Thx.,

Rick
Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 PM
64stang

Default RE: Class II carrier

Not sure about your question.......but I've been looking for an excuse to get into carrier flying.........what manufacture did you get your model from??? Thanks [8D]
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the PM's.

STANG,

I got the plans from MAN. Feb. 77, Ed Martinez design. It was org. for Class I but I blew them up 25% for the larger engine. If your intrested in a copy let me know and I'll get them to ya. AZ. a pretty good area for carrier from what I hear. Anyhow let me know.

Rick
Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM
mikeainia
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Rick W

Hey guys,

Thanks for the PM's.

STANG,

I got the plans from MAN. Feb. 77, Ed Martinez design. It was org. for Class I but I blew them up 25% for the larger engine. If your intrested in a copy let me know and I'll get them to ya. AZ. a pretty good area for carrier from what I hear. Anyhow let me know.

Rick
I guess if I was building a design I was unfamiliar with, I'd go ahead and make the flaps useable and try to also
make it so that it would be possible to have them stay up - then test fly it both ways. The slider probably doesn't
really affect whether you use them or not - it's more of a flying style choice. So if you can give yourself a choice
then go ahead. If it is not possible to engineer a method to disconnect, I'd probably opt to not include them - with a slider, you will probably be flying fully stalled most of the time anyway, and they don't add much at high angles of attack.

Mike A