Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Control Line in Kansas City

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Control Line in Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
hammerf2d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Control Line in Kansas City

Flyingryan what all do you guys fly in NEOSHO? Do you have guys interested in STUNT of COMBAT?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:55 AM
mikeainia
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hammerf2d

Send me some information on the Sig contest....how far is it from KC? Cary and were talking about it but don't have all the info.
I don't have anything to send but the contest is still going to be held - the dates are June 27-28 Montezuma,Iowa is about an hour past Des Moines just off Interstate 80 (I'm not sure ... 5 hours?). Speed limit and 1/2A combat, I think. Try going to www.sigmfg.com (there is a contest page if you click on the propeller at the top of the page).

Old 06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
hammerf2d

Mike Cary and I were seriously thinking about coming up but I have had some stuff come up and we are not coming but we promise not only to be there next year but we will bring some people with us to fly. How many usually show up to this contest? I have heard about this contest for years what are some of the highlights each year?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:00 PM
flyinryan

Hammerf2d,
The guys we fly with in Neosho are into stunt, they go to stunt contest around the 4 states and they also have a comp in Neosho near the end of summer. I am just getting back into CL after a long streak of being off. Have several birds ready, and having a blast! My brother and I have also talked about getting into some combat also.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 PM
hammerf2d

ORIGINAL: flyinryan

Hammerf2d,
The guys we fly with in Neosho are into stunt, they go to stunt contest around the 4 states and they also have a comp in Neosho near the end of summer. I am just getting back into CL after a long streak of being off. Have several birds ready, and having a blast! My brother and I have also talked about getting into some combat also.
Well we fly a little stunt and alot of combat let me know when you guys want to start flying we will get together!!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

We are having a combat contest here in Wichita, Kansas on Aug 8th, 2009 at 2895 s. oliver (speed limit combat). E-mail our CD Kevin Seaton ([email protected] for more details about the contest
Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
hammerf2d

ORIGINAL: clscale-RCU

We are having a combat contest here in Wichita, Kansas on Aug 8th, 2009 at 2895 s. oliver (speed limit combat). E-mail our CD Kevin Seaton ([email protected] for more details about the contest
Fred I believe there is also 1/2a this year and there are several people are planning on attending including me and my brother and Don Cranfill. Let me know if there is no 1/2a.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am preparing to make the trip to Wichita as well. I have 1/2 A planes but I wonder what is being flown? Are we still on 35' lines or if 1/2 A is flown will it be Cyclone-Fora type engines? I will bring them anyway. All I have now are some hot AME's on old Foamies.
I am looking for the email address for the Combat event director. I would like to speak to him directly. Does anyone have it?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
clscale-RCU

I am checking with Kevin on the 1/2a combat...more later
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see CL 'taking' off. I am an old CL flier from 'way back when'. Louisville Radio Control Club, where I fly, recently designated a grass circle. I am particularly fond of 1/2A profile racers. Inexpensive and easy to build fun. We hand launch and time laps to find our winner!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
vertical grimmace

Could someone with experience with the F2D airplanes lead me to where the balance point should be? I have a 1/2 A Gladiotor I bought from Brodak and it is really tail heavy. No mention in the instructions where to balance it and Brodak does not know either. With such a short nose I am afraid I may have to add a lot of weight to get it on or near the spar. I am used to the U.S. style foamy designs. The Euro stuff is new to me.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
hammerf2d

verticle grimace......I guess you did not get an earlier reply but here it is again cell# 816-868-9454 call me I can tell you anything you need to know...1/2a is 42' lines if you are not flying a cyclone or fora you might be at a disadvantage. The F2D balances about 3/8" behind the spars you may want to go 1/2". Let me know if you have any more questions
Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
mikeainia

The little 1/2a "F2D"s usually end up with really long motor mounts for us here - even with a Fora. With a AME or other lightweight, you will probably need to get the motor a good inch or so in front of the leading edge - sometimes more. Looks goofy but they fly well.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 PM
hammerf2d

How did SIG go? How many entries? I really want to go but I have two young kids and a wife that does not allow me to run here and there all the time but my son will be flying next year so I will have an excuse....
Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
vertical grimmace

It seems I am not well equipped for 1/2 A. The Cyclones are a little spendy and the Foras seem to be hard to get. I figured I would have to hang that engine way out to get it to balance. For now, I will just use my 1\2 A's for practice. They are so good for that.
Andy, I will give you a call shortly. I have been very busy lately.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:23 AM
clscale-RCU

We don't plan on having 1/2A combat, the person to get hold of for combat Is Tom Seigler. Get hold of Tom at [email protected] to ask him if he plans to run it un-offically.

is going to be fun!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
mikeainia

ORIGINAL: hammerf2d

How did SIG go? How many entries? I really want to go but I have two young kids and a wife that does not allow me to run here and there all the time but my son will be flying next year so I will have an excuse....
Sig went OK - I think that there were 8 or 9 in Speed Limit, only 2 in 1/2A. Weather was pretty windy both days, and held down the actual flying in all events. Half-A seems to be a pretty dead issue around the Midwest - we have not had any entrants at our two contests for the last couple of years nor has Sig. Lack of engines is one issue, but declining interest is more so.

It's not just 1/2A, unfortunately. In fact, it's not just combat, unfortunately.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
hammerf2d

Hey guys sorry but I don't know how to start a new topic and don't have time to figure it out but here is some information I promised awhile back. PROFI engines .049 these motors have as much power as the Cyclones and Foras they are a little smaller and lighter than the aforementioned motors the price is $145.00 and are available. Google Profi .049 motors bc I do not remember the website but the guys name is Jim Booker.