Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Ahhh...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
BumRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh...

Its been a while since I have piddled with an .049 engine (my other 1/2A stuff is Cox .09 and Norvel .061 which are not as piddly), but I recently decided to get back into control line and got a great deal on some odds and ends. This morning I got out to the garage and tried to light up a used Black Widow I got in deal and the thing just wouldnt start. I swapped it out with an unused Black Widow, I had from back in the day, and low and behold the thing lit up like a match and filled my lungs and life with happiness. Now its off to a local soccer field tomorrow with the wife and3yr oldto see if I can remember how to fly and teachmy wifethe basics. The plane is a barely passible Sig Skyray (must have been crashed by the previous owner). Oh well, I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ahhh...

Don't let your wife get dizzy!  I made that mistake and my wife won't have anything to do with airplanes. 
Old 06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
icerinkdad

Okay even more important... I have friends who came out to watch me fly about 10 years ago.At the time they were about 50. She wanted to try it. He had flown as a kid and decided that he did not need to repeat the experience... well he sat under a nearby tree and when his wife got dizzy and fell down on her rump at the end of the flight it did not help anything that he could not stop laughing. She has long since forgiven me as the instructor.... meanwhile he is still in the doghouse any time the subject of model planes comes up! So no matter what happens do not laugh.
Bob
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A bunch of us geezers have gotten a couple of planes(goldberg Buster, Sig Banshee and Akromaster) together and we CANT STOP LAUGHING. I havent smiled so much in years. It IS cool , that after 15 years or so of RC, that getting dizzy again is just plain old fun!!! My suggestion to get out of the doghouse would to maybe for him to get out at the handle end of the lines and get dizzy too. That way everyone is laughing at the same time!!

Have a blast either way!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
BumRC

I figure C/L will be the way to go as far as getting my family involved in one of my hobbies.  I've flown R/C for years, but my wife shows little interest in it (she has a fear of crashing the plane).  I have let her try that, but it wasnt her thing, although she does enjoy the Air Hogs U-Build-It I bought for fun..  C/L is fairly straight forward and intuitive, in a 1/2A I think she will pick it up fast and we have a large parking lot and soccer field pretty much right in our back yard.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
icerinkdad

Look at the coroplast airplane on the Winnepeg CL clubs website.    Think control line "pizza box flyer" in an 049 size.   It is nearly indestructable.   We have worn out 2 cox engines on one of them with the plane still flyable
Bob